Join for free
Page 24 of 42 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:25 PM

Re: Foxy's Latest Project.

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
There was a TV prog called River Hunters that did exactly what you suggested. They had to get permission for each "hunt" but turned up some amazing stuff.
Musket balls made from the leaded windows of a castle under siege.
Offerings to gods thrown from bridges and fordings, including a Bronze Age axe head.
Coinage old and new.
Industrial ironwork.
(Far too much) metal litter from bedsteads to beer cans.

Have you thought about making a small pin-pointer detector as well? These are usually about the size of a small torch and used to find metal in a shovel full of spoil, or a handful of mud.
I have Fruitcake, in fact the last picture I posted, the overview, I was using the small coil from the previous detector and not the large one made specifically for this model. I haven't tested the smaller coil yet, but if it works satisfactorily the world of metal detecting will become my oyster.... There are all sorts of ideas coming into my head.....But I must stay focused...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:34 PM

Continuing with the next stage on the metal detector we move to the four fixing brackets for securing the front of the unit.
These are the four shiny bits in each corner of the enclosure.....

We can now cut and fit the front of the enclosure. I have made the front out of formica, a lot more practical for our purposes than Alloy.

And finally for this stage we can fit the on/off power switch, and provide the mesh of holes for the speaker....

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Continuing with the next stage on the metal detector we move to the four fixing brackets for securing the front of the unit.
These are the four shiny bits in each corner of the enclosure.....

We can now cut and fit the front of the enclosure. I have made the front out of formica, a lot more practical for our purposes than Alloy.

Again, such neat and accurate work.
You should be proud of yourself, OGF.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-01-2021, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Again, such neat and accurate work.
You should be proud of yourself, OGF.
Thanks very much JB...
Not long now until the day of reckoning....
Just the headphone socket to fit, solder all the wires up, fix the search head to the shaft, and make a handle...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 01:34 PM

Very smart work Foxy, you will have to do a video of your exploits with it.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 04:03 PM

Very neat and professional as we have come to expect. Did you make the vice as well. It has a home-made look about it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-01-2021, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Very smart work Foxy, you will have to do a video of your exploits with it.
Thanks Spitty, the video is something I'll have to figure out later though....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-01-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Very neat and professional as we have come to expect. Did you make the vice as well. It has a home-made look about it.
Thanks again Fruitcake, yes you are right about the vice, but I made it at work on a lathe would you believe? I'll post some photos of it.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:11 PM

Wow sly old grey fox, your contraption is taking shape and looks great! Your workmanship is impeccable!

I hope it does the job! Let us know when you baptise it!
Have you got a name for it as yet

If you find any treasure or trinkets, please share pictures!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:16 PM

Oh my Gosh! I love this! I was watching a video of a woman diver who used a metal detector under the water to find all manner of junk and treasure, and I thought it was very cool! I have always been interested in metal detecting and wanted one for so long when I was younger. I never imagined that anyone would actually make one of their own - brilliant work OldGreyFox!

Page 24 of 42 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top