Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 08:06 AM

Re: Predictive Text

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
A modern 'wonder' I can well do without, that's for sure. It doesn't help at all, in fact it often introduces more errors and definitely slows keyboarding speeds considerably!
Exactly, Baz. I was a 'touch typist' and, as such, had good keyboard speeds. Am also good at spelling. The last thing I need is some misbegotten heap of microchips trying to out think me!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 01:20 PM

I was a 'touch typist' and, as such, had good keyboard speeds. Am also good at spelling. The last thing I need is some misbegotten heap of microchips trying to out think me!

Ditto, ST. Do you remember doing the speed tests in class? I also remember the sentences we used to type to test our knowledge of the keyboard, one of which was
"We all have our little idiosyncrasies" - fingers flying everywhere at speed!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I was a 'touch typist' and, as such, had good keyboard speeds. Am also good at spelling. The last thing I need is some misbegotten heap of microchips trying to out think me!

Ditto, ST. Do you remember doing the speed tests in class? I also remember the sentences we used to type to test our knowledge of the keyboard, one of which was
"We all have our little idiosyncrasies" - fingers flying everywhere at speed!
I do remember - another one was "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party" and we had to type that in time to 'The Blue Danube'!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 03:37 PM

Typing to music, ST - you must have attended a posher school than I did!
Quickbeam
New Member!
United Kingdom
Quickbeam is male 

05-01-2021, 05:56 PM

I remain a lifelong devotee of the T9 keyboard!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top