Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 05:16 AM

Dvd player advice needed

I have 2 DVD players, both Region #1. I also have 350 + DVD's also Region #1
Problem: Some of my DVD's will show subtitles on one of my Players but not on the other one. This is a hassle. I don't understand why this happens.

Question: Is there such a thing as a DVD player that will show subtitles on EVERY DVD (Region #1) that I have ????

I understand that if the DVD disc does not even have subtitles, then no DVD player can show something that does not exist.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 06:31 AM

Re: Dvd player advice needed

Try VLC
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Try VLC
I VLC a name brand of DVD players ? I don't recall ever hearing that that one.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 12:19 PM

If you search in your area via your preferred search engine for Multiregional DVD Players, then you should be able to find what you need.
I found this one from LG on Amazon UK for UK voltage, so they are available.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I have 2 DVD players, both Region #1. I also have 350 + DVD's also Region #1
Problem: Some of my DVD's will show subtitles on one of my Players but not on the other one. This is a hassle. I don't understand why this happens.

Question: Is there such a thing as a DVD player that will show subtitles on EVERY DVD (Region #1) that I have ????

I understand that if the DVD disc does not even have subtitles, then no DVD player can show something that does not exist.
There should be a setting within the DVD player's menu which turns subtitles on and off.
Obviously where in the menu varies considerably among different players, sometimes even of the same make.
Also some players will retain your setting and so you will see subtitles appear on every DVD that has them and others will not, meaning you have to set it to display subtitles every time you insert a new DVD.

On some DVD's this is set through the media's menu rather than the player; as you put the DVD in it's menu will have the option to turn subtitles on or off in the same way that you can select (for example) stereo sound or 5.1 surround sound where supported.

I'd suggest having a look in the player's menu before trying to find a new DVD player which still might not do what you want it to.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top