Join for free
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 06:44 PM

100 Word Stories Anyone?

This was some time ago, not sure which forum it was suggested but it might be fun. Here are the ones I penned.
Please contribute and get the juices going .......

It wasn’t so much the claustrophobic dank confines of the box that terrified me. It was the complete absence of sound apart from my madly pumping heart. I could move my fingers, wiggle my toes and shift my head slightly and that was it. This is what it must be like to be dead, I thought. How long will the air last? Should I hold my breath or try screaming? Would anyone hear? With a startling rasp I saw a crude shiny blade through the wood, inches from my face.

Hell! I thought nervously - Who’d be a magician’s assistant?

The first time I saw God I was twelve and sitting on the toilet. He sort of floated above the bath looking amused. I knew it was Him instinctively, pulled up my shorts and introduced myself, mentioned my maths homework and showed Him my football scar. When I was twenty He appeared by my hospital bed, said hi, held my hand then vanished.

I’m now ninety one and my pain’s indescribable. I’m deaf, almost blind and know I don’t have long left. I’ve seen nurses, carers and even a visitor with a friendly Labrador but maybe God’s lost my address.

“Don’t go near the water!” called the woman absently to her toddler staggering by the poolside. She held her paperback high against the glare. “And keep off those deckchairs.”

But three is such a rebelliously exciting age, the surroundings so enticing. Easy to obey sometimes, but at three, such adventures beckon …

He ran, knock kneed and chuckling, towards a cuddly man in the shadow of a palm who offered a drippingly pink ice cream and a shark’s smile. His mother turned a page and devoured the trashy sex liaison and dreamed of Brett’s rough kisses while her son vanished.

I’d always hated my nose. “Snooty” they called me, and “Pinocchio” and it hurt. When I reached adulthood I couldn’t wait to get it fixed. I was recommended an exclusive clinic to the stars, braced myself and was booked in immediately.

Well, it went superbly well, I have to say. The ridiculously handsome doctor held a dainty mirror up to my face, teeth gleaming, and invited me to agree that I looked wonderful. And I did. A pretty retrousse nose sat there like a pink rosebud.

Weeks later, and the taunts of “big ears” follow me. What can I do?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 07:12 PM

Re: 100 Word Stories Anyone?

Love them too
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 07:30 PM

We six kids watched with wide eyed wonder as dad hung the chocolate cigars onto the most beautiful Christmas tree the gold paper sparkled and gently swung and glistened and our mouths watered . Nothing as sweet or delightful ever passed our lips but this is Christmas a time of delights and stockings filled with an apple an orange and maybe a few crayons or a little bright eyed doll a toy soldier or even more special things from magical father Christmas. I loved the chocolate cigars and the temptation at times was too much as I could smell them and my mouth watered .

Dad is furious he is demanding to know who stole the chocolate cigars , we are standing in a row all denying and looking humble and honest , the wrappers are still hanging on the tree looking empty and crumpled , it wasnt me honest it wasnt me .

Oh dear Mr Jones from next door is here and he looks very concerned and hes talking quickly to dad and looking around at the family something awful has happened , suddenly dad says " Mr Jones has heard a newsflash on the radio it seems that Woolworths were selling boxes of chocolate cigars and its turned out they are poisoness quickly tell me who ate the chocolate cigars from the tree "

I watched in wide eyed horror as our Michael started retching and making chocking noises in his throat "help help it was me " as he ran out the room .

Mr Jones and dad are laughing and even mum is smiling and it's taken a few minutes for the penny to drop and I get the joke.

I told you it wasnt me

( a true story )
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:53 PM

There was some kind of fishing competition going on as I ambled over the bridge watching everyone point their rods over the edge. I stopped and watched as a young boy about 12 years old hoisted a tiny fish from the waters of the Bosphorus about 50 feet below him and put it in a small bucket of water.
I peered into his bucket to look at the fish as he smiled at me. I smiled back at him , pointed down at the water below and held my palms apart. He grinned again and held his arms out as far as they would go, palms facing and laughed. I backed off a couple of paces and held my palm up and quick as a wink he held his up, indicating a fish about 8 feet long! We laughed together. Neither spoke a word of the others language but we had communicated , we were at one and we both knew it and enjoyed it!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
We six kids watched with wide eyed wonder as dad hung the chocolate cigars onto the most beautiful Christmas tree the gold paper sparkled and gently swung and glistened and our mouths watered . Nothing as sweet or delightful ever passed our lips but this is Christmas a time of delights and stockings filled with an apple an orange and maybe a few crayons or a little bright eyed doll a toy soldier or even more special things from magical father Christmas. I loved the chocolate cigars and the temptation at times was too much as I could smell them and my mouth watered .

Dad is furious he is demanding to know who stole the chocolate cigars , we are standing in a row all denying and looking humble and honest , the wrappers are still hanging on the tree looking empty and crumpled , it wasnt me honest it wasnt me .

Oh dear Mr Jones from next door is here and he looks very concerned and hes talking quickly to dad and looking around at the family something awful has happened , suddenly dad says " Mr Jones has heard a newsflash on the radio it seems that Woolworths were selling boxes of chocolate cigars and its turned out they are poisoness quickly tell me who ate the chocolate cigars from the tree "

I watched in wide eyed horror as our Michael started retching and making chocking noises in his throat "help help it was me " as he ran out the room .

Mr Jones and dad are laughing and even mum is smiling and it's taken a few minutes for the penny to drop and I get the joke.

I told you it wasnt me

( a true story )
A little more than 100 words though I reckon?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top