Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Re using things!

Have you ever felt guilty about throwing out Pringles tubes etc.,? Well I did - then I came up with the idea of using them for storage. Small pieces of cross stitch, crafty stuff, and all those various chargers - just fit neatly. I just cover them with pretty papers and label them. One day I will grow out of paper/glue/glitter!!

From the left - Pringles tube, Bisto carton, and Twiglets carton!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 10:16 PM

Re: Re using things!

I have a cupboard full of things which I think might come in useful, and don't even mention the loft.

It drives Marge mad!

Trouble is, I was looking for something I'm sure I have somewhere, but couldn't for the life of me find it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I just cover them with pretty papers and label them. One day I will grow out of paper/glue/glitter!!
I blame Blue Peter, ST.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I blame Blue Peter, ST.
I must be one of the few people on the planet who has never seen Blue Peter, Harbal. Did you like my latest little poem?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 11:00 PM

I am also a hoarder of things that might come in handy.
I keep plastic containers to either sow seeds in and clear plastic lids to make little propagators for seedlings, and things like empty mushroom trays for plant trays, and lately I've even been saving empty Yakult mini plastic bottles to use as cane toppers when I cover plants with fleece on cold nights, they stop the canes tearing the fleece or bubble wrap.
I keep just a few empty 2 pt and 4 pt milk containers too, for mixing liquids for garden fertilisers and/or sprays or disinfectants.

So no Pringles tubes for me Tabs, but plenty of other containers.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 11:08 PM

I must be one of the few people on the planet who has never seen Blue Peter, Harbal. Did you like my latest little poem?
I've never seen Star Wars, which, apparently, is a state of affairs that carries some significance.

Do you mean Socks in a Box? I liked the ending; a clever way of getting your own back, and getting rid of the socks at the same time.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

25-12-2020, 11:10 PM

I had a feeling you would like it - at least it didn't make you sad!

Have just started another spooky story - will try (but not promising) to have it done for New Year.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

25-12-2020, 11:20 PM

I had a feeling you would like it - at least it didn't make you sad!
No, ST, no tears this time.

Have just started another spooky story - will try (but not promising) to have it done for New Year.
That's great. Your other one wet my appetite: I've been watching and listening to ghost stories on Youtube since I read it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

25-12-2020, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am also a hoarder of things that might come in handy.
I keep plastic containers to either sow seeds in and clear plastic lids to make little propagators for seedlings, and things like empty mushroom trays for plant trays, and lately I've even been saving empty Yakult mini plastic bottles to use as cane toppers when I cover plants with fleece on cold nights, they stop the canes tearing the fleece or bubble wrap.
I keep just a few empty 2 pt and 4 pt milk containers too, for mixing liquids for garden fertilisers and/or sprays or disinfectants.

So no Pringles tubes for me Tabs, but plenty of other containers.
There are some things it just seems wrong to throw away!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have a cupboard full of things which I think might come in useful, and don't even mention the loft.

It drives Marge mad!

Trouble is, I was looking for something I'm sure I have somewhere, but couldn't for the life of me find it.

Me too JBR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top