Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 01:43 PM

Re: Re using things!

I'm a fan of re-using things as well.

I have several plastic containers previously used for washing machine tablets that now house odds and sods in my workshop cupboard that won't fit into purpose made containers.

I don't like Pringles but I did give my Grandson a long cardboard tube and a pair of small mirrors to make a periscope from.

I once lost the tow-ball cover off one of my former cars, but found that the cap of an "US deodorant" can was an exact fit.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Have you ever felt guilty about throwing out Pringles tubes etc.,? Well I did - then I came up with the idea of using them for storage. Small pieces of cross stitch, crafty stuff, and all those various chargers - just fit neatly. I just cover them with pretty papers and label them. One day I will grow out of paper/glue/glitter!!

From the left - Pringles tube, Bisto carton, and Twiglets carton!
Do you wash them out first to remove any grease or fat residues?

I use cut down 2 and 4 pint milk plastic bottles as scoops for bird seed, potting compost, etc.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I'm a fan of re-using things as well.

I have several plastic containers previously used for washing machine tablets that now house odds and sods in my workshop cupboard that won't fit into purpose made containers.

I don't like Pringles but I did give my Grandson a long cardboard tube and a pair of small mirrors to make a periscope from.

I once lost the tow-ball cover off one of my former cars, but found that the cap of an "US deodorant" can was an exact fit.
I thought that's what old tennis balls were for.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Do you wash them out first to remove any grease or fat residues?

I use cut down 2 and 4 pint milk plastic bottles as scoops for bird seed, potting compost, etc.

Well done Percy. I've seen that suggested in my gardening mags, and it seems to work well. I'm going to have to try that.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I thought that's what old tennis balls were for.
Nah, you can injure yourself cutting open one of them, but the deodorant cap was a perfect fit, and there was no waste.

https://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/us-deodorant

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top