Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:11 PM

Re: Convid Vaccine. Government playing doctor, making life and death decision

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
League tables between different regions based on number of vaccinations alone are meaningless. Different areas have different demographics. You'd need to adjust the data for this to see what's really happening.
Exactly, and if I am reading right, the ability to store vaccine at the right temperature will be a significant condsideration when talking about the speed of getting the vaccine out there.

Tough luck for the villgers!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Why do we in Britain seem to have more covidiots than any other European country?
Who knows? Somehow the message hasn't got through. Is it the government's fault for not finding the way that works, or the small number of the population who stick 2 fingers up at it?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Exactly, and if I am reading right, the ability to store vaccine at the right temperature will be a significant condsideration when talking about the speed of getting the vaccine out there.

Tough luck for the villgers!
The oxford vaccine can be kept in a fridge. So no obstacle other than production.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Why do we in Britain seem to have more covidiots than any other European country?
There are just as many idiots in Europe but the police and army are enforcing compliance and tend to carry guns so people don't argue.

Over here we have signs up but nobody telling people to put their mask over their nose and mouth and to socially distance. It's far too relaxed. Even in NHS facilities there is insufficient enforcement of social distancing. When my friends went to spain in December they were being told off for having the wrong mask and fines were being enforced for taking off a mask outdoors. Everyone had to wear one all the time. You were not allowed the masks with a vent.

We are just Sooo relaxed here. Some people will do whatever they get away with. You'd think that given the situation they would crack down but I get the impression BJ is putting all his chips on the vaccine instead of enforcing adherence. A bad strategy IMO.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 01:09 PM

There are just as many idiots in Europe but the police and army are enforcing compliance and tend to carry guns so people don't argue.

Over here we have signs up but nobody telling people to put their mask over their nose and mouth and to socially distance. It's far too relaxed. Even in NHS facilities there is insufficient enforcement of social distancing. When my friends went to spain in December they were being told off for having the wrong mask and fines were being enforced for taking off a mask outdoors. Everyone had to wear one all the time. You were not allowed the masks with a vent.

We are just Sooo relaxed here. Some people will do whatever they get away with. You'd think that given the situation they would crack down but I get the impression BJ is putting all his chips on the vaccine instead of enforcing adherence. A bad strategy IMO.
Yes, there's the problem. Not only covidiots, but anyone and everyone, including criminals, can choose to ignore rules and regulations.
We are, indeed, far too soft.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 01:45 PM

Description
Kills 99.9% of bacteria and Covid-19*

Flash Clean & Shine, 100% streak-free shine (tested with liquid form on ceramic floor tiles)

All purpose cleaner with the great cleaning power of Flash

Cuts Grease

Powerful Cleaning

Flash Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaning Spray kills 99.9% of bacteria and Coronavirus*! It's perfect for cleaning almost any hard surface in your Kitchen. Use it on all Kitchen surfaces. See package for full usage instructions. A rinse is required for surfaces in direct contact with food.

*tested on SARS-CoV-2 in EN14476

According to Sainsbury's
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Description
Kills 99.9% of bacteria and Covid-19*

Flash Clean & Shine, 100% streak-free shine (tested with liquid form on ceramic floor tiles)

All purpose cleaner with the great cleaning power of Flash

Cuts Grease

Powerful Cleaning

Flash Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaning Spray kills 99.9% of bacteria and Coronavirus*! It's perfect for cleaning almost any hard surface in your Kitchen. Use it on all Kitchen surfaces. See package for full usage instructions. A rinse is required for surfaces in direct contact with food.

*tested on SARS-CoV-2 in EN14476

According to Sainsbury's
Excellent!

I think it's only fair that the covidiots should be the first recipients.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 03:32 PM

I get the impression BJ is putting all his chips on the vaccine instead of enforcing adherence. A bad strategy IMO.
That's my impression, too ..... and I don't think the "half-hearted" approach will be successful in "beating the virus". At best, it may hold it at bay, at worst, there will be a "Fourth Wave" .....

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top