Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 07:21 PM

Walking for pleasure.

I hope I've put this is the right section.

I do a lot of walking for pleasure & this weather I find my walking boots sometimes sink right into the mud!

I'm thinking of investing in some 'Muck Boots' but at £100 plus I want to know they're worth it.

Anybody on here got some?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 07:36 PM

Re: Walking for pleasure.

Originally Posted by carol ->
I hope I've put this is the right section.

I do a lot of walking for pleasure & this weather I find my walking boots sometimes sink right into the mud!

I'm thinking of investing in some 'Muck Boots' but at £100 plus I want to know they're worth it.

Anybody on here got some?
Hi

Not me,

I used to love walking

The Yorkshire Moors minutes away

Life changes.
It became a rare treat.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 07:46 PM

I haven't - I've got common-or-garden Dunlops .....

But, having had mud and water seeping over the tops of my walking boots despite gaiters), I, too would be interested in others' experience of Muck Boots.

Reviews are good and the range is quite extensive:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Muck...3?ref_=ast_bln

Muck Boots Men's Arctic Sport Tall Rain Boot

Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:12 PM

In late December 2019 I was due to walk - with a group - a 5 mile route, and had to recce the route first. I set off with two friends and the mud was SO deep, my boots sank and if it hadn't been for wearing gaiters the mud would have gone over the top of boots and inside my trousers!

This winter has been the same - so much mud - some of it deep and squidgy. All the other walkers turn up wearing their wellingtons, but because of issues I have with my feet - width - height - soles - I looked for some wide fitting boots and found this company https://www.jileon.com
nb - it's just my feet that are wide, not my calves!!
Jileon make excellent boots - highly recommended.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:07 AM

Derri Boots used to be good quality and fairly cheap. I think you can get a pair from about forty quid or less.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 02:36 PM

With all the shops being closed I'd have to order online & then if they weren't perfectly comfortable I'd have to return them.. Can't be bothered with the hassle.

Instead, I've decided to walk in my wellies. Usually they are too cold to walk far in, even with thick socks but I have just ordered some arctic strength thermal socks which hopefully will keep my feet warm in wellies. If they don't, I'll put 2 pairs on...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top