Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:45 PM

Dog theft - again!

Just heard that in the town about 5 miles away from here, a 15 Yr old girl was indoors on her own when 3 men burst in with a knife and guns, and stole the family's litter of 5 Bulldog puppies.

I don't know how old the poor little mites were, or whether these evil specimens took their mother with them to feed them or not.
It will be on the tea time news later.

I saw a litter of this breed advertised a few weeks ago for £8,000 EACH.
No wonder thieves are so active.

I think if i had a litter, I'd be too frightened to advertise them nowadays. Even the kennels club puppy register is open for anyone to read.
There's too many wicked buggers about nowadays.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:57 PM

Re: Dog theft - again!

How awful Mups I guess it is these...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-55719171

At 5 weeks they are too young to leave the Dam and susceptible to infection
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 07:28 PM

Oh Dear lord, not again. I'm so glad our last litter was born back in 96 when it was safe. My whole neighbourhood knew about the Old English Puppies and when they were moved outside at six weeks they were safe. I used to get wee groups of teenage lassies knocking on the door asking if they could see the pups, I used to let them in to play as it got the pups used to people and being handled ect. Maggie was always on guard duty and kept a very close eye on the whole process. As did I.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 07:59 PM

OMG what is happening in the world and whoever pays £8k for a puppy wants their head seeing too .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:06 PM

I despise anyone who steals a dog but the greedy breeders need to re-think their prices because they are fuelling the problem. £40,000 worth in one hit, it's no wonder they were prepared to carry knives and guns. I just hope the pups are found safe and well.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:14 PM

I hope so too LD, this needs to be stamped out. My breed OES sold for £500 for years and it was a fair price to pay. I heard of a litter down near Inverness the the other day, the breeder was wanting £2000 per pup.
These people are in it for the money not the good of the breed and the health of the mother. I think breeders should be licensed and everyone who buys a female pup should have to get it spayed when it's around a year old. Also the vets need to stop charging a fortune for this op so people can afford it.
It's out of control now and needs to be stopped, far too many pups being born..........
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:16 PM

A friends son has just got a puppy they already have one .
I don’t know how people afford these dogs .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

19-01-2021, 08:24 PM

It's madness Muddy, I don't know how they get away with it. My partner paid £700 for Dageus and he only told me a lot later on as he knew my views on the price of pups and breeders ect. When you get right down to it these Doodles are not a recognised breed they are a cross breed. The Kennel Club does not recognise them. As much as I love Dageus he is not a Black Golden Doodle and I refuse to call him that. When people ask me what breed he is(and they often do) I always say he's a cross breed and name the parent breeds, Ohhh he's a doodle they say, no I say, he's a cross breed, Doodles are not a breed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I despise anyone who steals a dog but the greedy breeders need to re-think their prices because they are fuelling the problem. £40,000 worth in one hit, it's no wonder they were prepared to carry knives and guns. I just hope the pups are found safe and well.

Yes Meg, that looks like the same ones.
Poor little mites won't know where they are. And what about their Mum, she must be frantic them all going in one go let alone her milk supply to cope with.

Dongle, I agree about the prices fuelling the problem.

Pups born this year will hardly cost any more to feed and rear than they did last year, yet the prices have shot up to just plain greedy and ridiculous.
While people cough up, they will keep breeding more.

I had to take one of mine back to the vet this afternoon, and it was a lady in there who told me about these poor puppies. Apparently it was close to where she lived.
This lady had a young Goldie Retriever with her, and she told me she had gone all the way to Leeds to buy it!
She said she had to pay £3,000 for her Goldie, and that was a year ago.

These greedy 'breeders' are leaving themselves wide open to theft when they advertise on these cheap websites and free papers.

Criminals have always scanned ads for the 'Free to Good Home' type ads, then they go and get the unfortunate soul and flog it.

Like Roxy said, I am so glad I don't breed any more.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 06:41 PM

Some good news here at least....

https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/arti...y-in-Southwick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top