Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:21 PM

Jack

Since Rosie died, Jack has been urinating in the house,

I know he misses her ,they were best buddies ,they slept together, my son wants to get another chihuahua, I don’t think that would be a good idea, especially a puppy, he doesn’t want a puppy hanging off his ear, he’s to old for that now....

He is definitely depressed...I guess he must grieve the same way as us, only he can’t talk about...
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:07 PM

Re: Jack

Just a name change that could be me
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Just a name change that could be me
We've heard the rumours!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

I know he misses her ,they were best buddies ,they slept together, my son wants to get another chihuahua, I don’t think that would be a good idea, especially a puppy, he doesn’t want a puppy hanging off his ear, he’s to old for that now....

He is definitely depressed...I guess he must grieve the same way as us, only he can’t talk about...
Not sure I could live with that, Pauline. Have you spoken to the vet about it? It is unusual behaviour for a normally well behaved dog. Could he be retrained - as a puppy would be? I am not well up on dogs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:46 PM

I would definitely speak to your vet a.s.a.p. Pauline.

I don't doubt he is grieving, but I'm not convinced that would make him start peeing in the house.
I would be thinking more along the lines of a possible urinary infection perhaps. I wouldn't just assume it's grief.

Get a sample, and pop it into your vet, just to make sure he's ok physically.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 10:05 PM

How could I not realise ,that he may have a urine infection....vets on Monday,thanks everyone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 10:22 PM

How could I not realise ,that he may have a urine infection....vets on Monday,thanks everyone.

You're welcome.
Hope he's ok.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top