Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2010, 08:56 PM

Re: Remember Granny?

I am so lucky - I have very clear and fond memories of my paternal grandma and my grandad.
She was a little round lady - only 4'-6" and he seemed like a very big man to me. He was the spitting image of Bud Flannagan - size, voice and everything. I loved them dearly and when I was with them I knew I was loved. They lived on Fentiman Road in London, just the South side of the Vauxhall Bridge. My grandma was always trying to slim and she bought Energen Rolls. They were full of air and she always smothered them in butter, saying that was the only way she could eat the blessed things. Nobody had the heart to tell her. They were a great influence on me as a child and I still see them in crystal clarity even though they have been gone over fifty years.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2010, 10:48 PM

Re: Remember Granny?

I can remember my Dads parents, my gran was lovely she had a real Dorset accent, she had long white hair that she could sit on, which was always tied up in a bun...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top