Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 08:18 AM

Satisfying saturday

-well it is for OH as she has been working really hard compiling stats for govt consumption. She is having a deserved lie-in as I type
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 08:47 AM

Re: Satisfying saturday

Mornin all, . . a grey day, . . Chris, have you got the car back yet ?

Switched the TV on earlier (I was up at 6am) nothing but sport, sport, sport. . . . Arrrgh, I hate Saturdays, fans have their own sport channels, why do the BBC ram it down my throat, . . I switched to CNN then Sky and they're the bleedin same, so I came upstairs and logged on.

Anyways, have a pleasant one, nice people, . . and watch the roads.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 09:31 AM

Morning!
Sunshine here but there was rain in the night and heavy showers are forecast. Don't know if I'll get out with Dinah before the rain starts or whether I will wait till OH comes back and let him take her!
Feeling much better today, so hopefully yesterday was just a blip in my recovery - maybe just one of those things, maybe there was a cat lying on my leg/hip in the night? It has been known!
Have a lovely Saturday everyone, especially 'the workers'

Edit Mags - hope you had a good night and are feeling much better
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 01:41 PM

Afternoon folks!

Something and nothing day here, bit of blue sky surrounded with lots of really black clouds. Looks like it will be a bit of a damper for the last of firework fanatics tonight!

Glad you're feeling better today DM, hope it continues. I'm able to hobble round with OH's sticks this morning at the same time being very aware that the pain is still there. I had orders from the doc yesterday to keep moving as much as I'm able ....... easy for her to say!

Hope everyone has a good day and a lovely weekend.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 02:15 PM

Have you thought about getting a tens machine Mags? Helps the painkillers work and gives you a bit of extra mobility ... which is what you need to get back into shape
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Have you thought about getting a tens machine Mags? Helps the painkillers work and gives you a bit of extra mobility ... which is what you need to get back into shape
I asked the doc whether she thought a Tens machine would help me but she said in my case (disc) strong painkillers and anti-inflammatories would give me faster relief as the Tens needs to be used regularly to gain the benefit.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 04:11 PM

Afternoon all hope you are having a good day.
It is noticeably colder today but fine at the moment.
Still haven't got the heating on
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Hey. all. Nothing interesting here, but going to post anyway. Sunny, only 9 degrees now, but we escaped the frost last night in the City ...only down to 2. I gambled and left all the pot plants outside, they're fine. I really should start bringing them in. Did my usual library and liquor store run. Leia is keeping me busy playing doorman: it's quite cold, but she wanted out on the porch; back in quickly. Thought about it and wanted out again, back in. She is now out for the third time .... cats!!

Mags, DM. hope you both will be back in fighting trim very soon! Nero, couldn't agree more about the sports ...very annoying!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 10:33 PM

First of all DM and Mags-hope you will both be feeling better soon

Usual morning-walking then off to supermarket for weekly shop.

Went with a friend dog walking which was ruined by idiots and fireworks Where we walk we pass a quarry (which is fenced off) on top of the quarry we saw about 6 youths sat on the edge of the top of the quarry. When they saw us they moved-next thing rockets, bangers etc.etc started going off-they must have been waiting for someone to pass. Luckily we had the dogs on leads-if we hadn't they would have bolted-made us jump and scared the dogs. Absolute idiots-leaving aside the fireworks if they had fallen over the edge we would have had to get ambulance and probably the air ambulance. No doubt they thought it was very funny.........we didn't
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Thoughtless idiots, Merz!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top