Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:09 PM

Would You Go Up To A Complete Stranger In The Street And Have A Discussion?

Well would you?
You’ll probably say, No, to that question.
Yet we talk freely to complete strangers on a forum.

I wonder why that is?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:11 PM

Re: Would You Go Up To A Complete Stranger In The Street And Have A Discussion?

Why not? often have a chat with people with this covid distance walk thing is on. Sometimes if common interest chat for a long time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Why not? often have a chat with people with this covid distance walk thing is on.
realspeed, l hope you wear your mask and sit two metres away from your computer when you post on here!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:17 PM

Art Since that terrible hospital episode I went through I realise the value of life. If I can chat and put a smile on someones face makes me happy as well.

working for BT you have to meet people as well as owning a business client facing . I am me and won't change, like me or not is up to who I meet

Your not on the "pull" are you? Sue is the one for me. Have to watch these beautiful women or could land in deep trouble
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well would you?
You’ll probably say, No, to that question.
Yet we talk freely to complete strangers on a forum.

I wonder why that is?
But that's it....we aren't complete strangers on here. In another thread it was mentioned how like family this place is, and I know many folk have known each other for years. I do think though, that if any of us were to meet in the street, it would be a little shy and awkward at first, but here there is a rapport and friendship, so talking about anything under the sun is perfectly fine
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:22 PM

Yes I often do, you get a sense, sometimes you think folks you have never met before, you have known for years, and Vice Versa.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Art Since that terrible hospital episode I went through I realise the value of life. If I can chat and put a smile on someones face makes me happy as well.

Your not on the "pull" are you? Sue is the one for me

Good God! I don’t believe what l have just read!!

You don’t honestly think l am after you.... shakes head in utter disbelief!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

02-04-2021, 10:27 PM

I have been watching a couple prank on each other on youtube. You have just been pranked. norty arn't I. I am in a very happy silly mood at the moment now i have a new camcorder
this will cheer you up afer a shock

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:31 PM

Sure! Why not! If I don't want to go down certain roads then I don't and won't.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2021, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
But that's it....we aren't complete strangers on here. In another thread it was mentioned how like family this place is, and I know many folk have known each other for years. I do think though, that if any of us were to meet in the street, it would be a little shy and awkward at first, but here there is a rapport and friendship, so talking about anything under the sun is perfectly fine
Pixie, l am not saying it’s wrong, l was just comparing the situation of internet life and real life.
It suddenly occurred to me that we will probably never meet any of the members on here. Yet, we talk easily and freely to people who are relative strangers to us.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top