Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 03:08 PM

Re: Robins

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Have you noticed how bold they are?

Any ideas why?

I have one in my garden, whether itís the same one I donít know.

It gets right up close to me when Iím removing leaves and uncovering some tasty morsel for it to eat....beautiful little bird, those legs are so tiny..
Oh they're bold alright. They're also ferocious little devils too. You should see a couple of males fighting over territory - my God, they don't half go at it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Oh they're bold alright. They're also ferocious little devils too. You should see a couple of males fighting over territory - my God, they don't half go at it.

This is true, Percy.

They are bold, and cheeky and don't fly off so readily as most other birds either.
I always believed them to be very territorial little birds, until last year when I saw three in my garden all at once. Perhaps they were all family.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Did you know that when the Robin has finished rearing her young, the nurturing instinct is so strong she will start feeding the young of other birds?

This is what happens when you donít read a post properly.

Completely misunderstood your post..sorry poohdog

How lovely that robins do that.....
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 12:30 PM

we had blackbirds nesting in a fir tree in the garden last year, the mother bird would come down to the kitchen door, hop up the steps where I stood and waited till I put the bread down, she didn't seem to be afraid, one afternoon we were sitting out in the garden, the back door was open, down she came hopped over to the door, looked around her and then hopped right into the kitchen. last week I was hanging out washing when a female blackbird followed me up the garden, it's great to watch them.
RJG
Wales
RJG is female 

08-04-2021, 06:43 PM

We see robins in our garden most days. Although they look cute apparently they are very territorial and will aggressively defend their space.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top