Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 06:12 AM

Re: New House New Project

Your home looks lovely, Summer - full of light, graced with the best of the old and new. I particularly like the transoms above the windows and the wing towards the garage. I am sure you are very excited - and tired!

Like you, I tackled very high ceilings and a doubling of that for the stairwells when we moved in. The best option turned out to be renting scaffolding. I liked having the large rectangular cage at the top that made me feel a lot more confident at those heights. It's amazing how brave you get when you get a quote that approaches the cost of a new car . I am not sure what rental options you have near you, but scaffolding might be worth investigating.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 08:37 AM

Re: New House New Project

Hi Surfermom....yes we looked into hiring a scaffolding platform but actually it was cheaper to buy the one I posted about earlier and I'm glad to have found it its a really good bit of kit....I'll post some pics later when I get chance. Yes some high ceilings here too especially the hall..I'll post a pic

Dextrose I bought a hop up and you are right....really useful thanks for the tip.
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top