Join for free
Page 365 of 370 « First < 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 06:44 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Sciatica is a terrible pain, I got it suddenly at the start of last November. Didn't know what it was just that the pain was awful. I stuck it for a whole month and try as I did I couldn't see my Doctor, All I got was a phone call with a new Doctor who had me down as a silly old woman with a wee bit pain and kept giving me painkillers. In the end after a night of agony I got an emergency appointment with a Chiropractor, I was with him for an hour while he questioned and worked on me. I felt so much better by the time I left, it's cost me a lot of money though as I was seeing him 3 times a week, then 2 times and now once a week. Hopefully by the end of April it will be fortnightly then monthly.
Sciatic Pain is no joke, I still get bad days and it's now five months since it came on me. Go an see a Chiropractor, I owe that man so much, he took my pain away and made me feel like me again.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 07:14 PM

Thanks everyone, I think it's muscular due to some heavy lifting in cramped conditions in the loft last week. I have, and do, suffer with sciatica occasionally and like you Roxy, have spent a lot of money in the past getting expert help. It seems to be the muscle in the buttocks that opposes the quads and as a result, after just fifteen minutes of running I was unable to lift my leg high enough to navigate pavements.

If it's muscular it will take about 14 days rest to repair....If it's a damaged tendon it will be 14 weeks.....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 07:16 PM

Well you know your body best Foxy, I really hope your right and that's all it is. Not that your diagnosis is much fun either. Hope it's better soon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Well you know your body best Foxy, I really hope your right and that's all it is. Not that your diagnosis is much fun either. Hope it's better soon.
Thanks Roxy, I can walk on it okay, that's why I think it's muscular. The difference between walking and running is: With running you have bring the leg forward fast in order to take the weight, muscles have to contract quickly. With walking gravity more or less brings the leg forward more slowly and doesn't require so much muscle strength or contraction.
Of course the proof of the pudding....Sciatica or tendon damage will take a lot longer to heal.....fingers crossed....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-04-2021, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Or rest your legs up against a wall, bum flush with the wall. I had sciatica lasting from last June through to December, and this method did work. Looked like a prat, but still....not saying its that, mind you, but it does help with pain in that area. Or it could be Piriformis syndrome.
That is the most likely culprit Pixie.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-04-2021, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Sciatic nerve pain runs through the buttock .Put a hot water bottle to your lower back OGF.
Thanks Zuleika, I'm hoping that it's just the piriformis muscle, but it runs very close to the sciatic nerve and that will be a devil to shift....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-04-2021, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I hope you're okay and that it was something both temporary and minor OGF.

Meantime I'm plucking up the courage to increase my own regime whan my son returns to school, starting with long walks and moving forward from there.
It's the way to go Zaphod, and with summer coming (no! not that Summer..) it makes it easier to want to be out in the sunshine. Even with what I think is 'Piriformis Syndrome' it doesn't seem to affect my walking, so when I've finished on here I'm going to try a decent walk. With clear blue skies and warm sunshine it's making it very hard not to go out and do something.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-04-2021, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hope it gets better soon xx
Thanks Lion Queen, I'm sure it will....Us Yorkshire folk are made of tough stuff......xx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-04-2021, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Sorry to hear that. A strained muscle?
Thanks Mart...
I was doing some heavy lifting in cramped conditions up in the loft last week and I think I may have damaged my piriformis muscle. I'm hoping it is anyway, muscles don't take so long to heal but tendon damage takes ages to clear up...Finger crossed...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's the way to go Zaphod, and with summer coming (no! not that Summer..) it makes it easier to want to be out in the sunshine. Even with what I think is 'Piriformis Syndrome' it doesn't seem to affect my walking, so when I've finished on here I'm going to try a decent walk. With clear blue skies and warm sunshine it's making it very hard not to go out and do something.....
Cheers for the update fella and fingers crossed for you.
I have to do something, I know that because I'm still overweight following my recovery post-surgery being about as complete as it's going to be by now.
As a result I've already started dietary changes as well cutting down the time I spend on here & on the PC in general.
I'll keep you updated on how I go.

Page 365 of 370 « First < 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top