Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:05 AM

Re: Vitamin Supplements

I take multivitamins and minerals. I also take Vitamin D3 800 IU.

I usually have no problem swallowing tablets but l do find the majority of multivitamins are like torpedoes and choke me.
I now cut them into three to be able to swallow them without choking!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I take multivitamins and minerals. I also take Vitamin D3 800 IU.

I usually have no problem swallowing tablets but l do find the majority of multivitamins are like torpedoes and choke me.
I now cut them into three to be able to swallow them without choking!
I've only got a little clack Arty and can't swallow large items, even drink doesn't always send it down, so I always take tablets with food.....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 10:18 PM

Last year I found this website: https://www.foodforthebrain.org/alzh...-the-test.aspx

............and took a Cognitive Function Test..........it asks questions about lifestyle - diet, exercise etc.......as well as cognitive tests too. At the end I got a very thorough report of my results - which were very good except they recommended I take a daily vitamin B as this helps prevent dementia and alzheimers.

Thoroughly recommend this test - absolutely free!
DelBoy
DelBoy is male 

08-06-2020, 07:37 PM

I take Vitamin C with Zinc, and Vitamin D. I've had a few broken bones and sprains in the past, i do feel like my bones are stronger now and i hardly get a cold.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by DelBoy ->
I take Vitamin C with Zinc, and Vitamin D. I've had a few broken bones and sprains in the past, i do feel like my bones are stronger now and i hardly get a cold.
When we first learned about the Covid pandemic, I read many deaths were attributed to a lack of vitamin D. Also that a compromised immune system was obvious in many deaths. Since mid March, I've been taking Vit C, D and Zinc........and really do feel better for it!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:54 PM

I have osteoporosis. I also had two of my four parathyroids removed, which caused tetany (hypocalcemia). Parathyroids control our calcium levels and my levels are always low.

So, I take large doses of Calcichew D3Forte ie x 4 tablets daily of which...

Per tablet:
Calcium carbonate 1250 mg (equivalent to 500 mg of elemental calcium)
Colecalciferol 400 IU (equivalent to 10 micrograms vitamin D3)

I also take:
Zinc/Magnesium, EPO, Probiotics, Q10, Omega3 and Gluco
Lindyloo
isle of wight

08-06-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I have osteoporosis. I also had two of my four parathyroids removed, which caused tetany (hypocalcemia). Parathyroids control our calcium levels and my levels are always low.

So, I take large doses of Calcichew D3Forte ie x 4 tablets daily of which...

Per tablet:
Calcium carbonate 1250 mg (equivalent to 500 mg of elemental calcium)
Colecalciferol 400 IU (equivalent to 10 micrograms vitamin D3)

I also take:
Zinc/Magnesium, EPO, Probiotics, Q10, Omega3 and Gluco
I also had osteoporosis in 2003 and had a parathyroidectomy. Blood tests showed an exceedingly high level of calcium. I was also put on calichew.......and sadly given bisphosphonates to which I had a very bad reaction. Fortunately, my last bone scan a few years ago showed my osteoporosis was cured. I believe a healthy diet and exercise really contributed to that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
When we first learned about the Covid pandemic, I read many deaths were attributed to a lack of vitamin D. Also that a compromised immune system was obvious in many deaths. Since mid March, I've been taking Vit C, D and Zinc........and really do feel better for it!
After much humming and harring it has officially been accepted that C D and Zinc are the best defence against the virus (something that I subscribed to all along) But remember to activate your Vitamin D with regular exposure to sunshine Lindy....
Lindyloo
isle of wight

08-06-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
But remember to activate your Vitamin D with regular exposure to sunshine Lindy....
That's been very easy so far - wonderful weather. Hate to think how lockdown would have been had we had the rain of January/February and early March.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-06-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
That's been very easy so far - wonderful weather. Hate to think how lockdown would have been had we had the rain of January/February and early March.
Lets hope we haven't seen the last of the beautiful weather Lindy.....

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top