Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 10:43 PM

Face Creams

Have any of you tried Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream ?
Just seen an ad on tv for it , wonderful sounding ingredients .
Is it worth £49 tho ?

Vitamins C & E: Beautifully brighten your complexion for a gorgeous looking glow!
Hyaluronic Acid: Magical skin hydrating powers!
Camellia Oil: Moisturises for beautiful looking skin!
Rosehip Oil: Hydrates skin for a radiant, glowing look!
Shea Butter: Deeply nourishes and softens the feel of skin!
Aloe Vera: Smooths the appearance of skin!
Frangipani Flower Extract: A floral extract with moisturising benefits and a delicate, calming fragrance!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 11:35 PM

Re: Face Creams

I would never consider paying that much for a pot of face cream. It was advertised on television so who’s going to pay for the advert? I know! The gullible fools who pay £49 for it.

What you eat and drinking plenty of water helps your face skin. Smoking, drinking alcohol and the sun ruin it. I haven’t washed my face since l was a teenager!
I wouldn’t pay more than £10 for face cream. I use Ponds cold cream to remove my make up.
Astral, Nivea or Ulay 7 affects (purchased when on offer) as moisturiser and under my foundation. Plus Nivea night cream at night.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 01:06 AM

I just use Nivea classic cream. My mum has always used it too and has lovely skin for her age. I've tried other expensive creams and I always go back. It's more down to genes and what you put into your body.

Like Art I don't wash my face. The cleanser I use is more expensive than moisturiser. I use neals yard calendula cleanser, but that's because I have sensitive skin. I do think washing your face is no good for the skin. Unless you live in the lake district or derbyshire water quality is dire for skin. I've used cleanser for years and it makes a big difference. No toner though, that's just for teens.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 08:30 AM

I've never heard of this "magic" cream and it would be a cold day in hell before I forked out that sort of money on face cream. Unfortunately I didn't bother much with any creams when I was young and line-free and now it's too late! I do now massage coconut oil in after showering, but can't say it's turned me into a youthful looking teenager again. Years of sunbathing hasn't helped my cause either. I believe nothing short of surgery can eradicate wrinkles and saggy skin - again, more than I would be willing to spend, plus the very thought scares me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:57 AM

I've always looked after my skin ....I've never used the cream you mention Zuleika....report back if you buy it...I would be interested to know what you think of it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 02:26 PM

I use Aldis Lacura Day and Night cream, it's only about 2 quid I think and it does a great job.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I use Aldis Lacura Day and Night cream, it's only about 2 quid I think and it does a great job.
LQ, I have read people rave about Aldi’s face cream.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:57 PM

Which magazine had a review some years ago on face creams and found the expensive creams were no better than any others. Their No. 1 choice was Nivea!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Which magazine had a review some years ago on face creams and found the expensive creams were no better than any others. Their No. 1 choice was Nivea!!
Lindy, That’s pleased me!
I find Nivea products to be the purest and finest without an overpowering smell.

One of my daughters has given up using Clarins face cream that she paid £45 and now uses Nivea. She says, her skin is so much better.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 10:36 PM

I use something similar - from Superdrug - and think my complexion is as good if not better, than most!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top