Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 10:57 PM

Hairdressers

Has anyone heard when the hairdressers will be opening again?

I suppose when they do eventually open we'll have to wait ages to get an appointment
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 11:18 PM

Re: Hairdressers

Not sure Mags, but I was told it may be around 4th July.

My hairdresser is also my friend of many years too. I had popped over to her house to take her an Aloe plant I promised her, and told her about my friend's hairdresser was working again - going to people's houses, not in a shop, and asked her when she would be back at work.
Anyway, Sarah (My friend) said the other girl would be fined £2,500 if she was caught!

I actually put some lo-lights in mine this morning. It's not too bad either, I am fairly pleased.
I can cut my fringe too, but it could really do with a proper cut soon, but I'm getting by alright.
I suppose a lot depends on the style you have too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Has anyone heard when the hairdressers will be opening again?

I suppose when they do eventually open we'll have to wait ages to get an appointment
Mine isn't yet, I checked. It's only a small salon so difficult to maintain distance, I think they'll have to take one or two people at a time once they are allowed to open & yes, the wait will be long for an appointment. I shall be totally grey by then & I hate it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Mine isn't yet, I checked. It's only a small salon so difficult to maintain distance, I think they'll have to take one or two people at a time once they are allowed to open & yes, the wait will be long for an appointment. I shall be totally grey by then & I hate it.
Yes Tiff, my hairdressers is also a small shop and I wondered how they would cope too.

I bet there will be no cups of coffee or tea offered when they do eventually open.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

02-06-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not sure Mags, but I was told it may be around 4th July.

My hairdresser is also my friend of many years too. I had popped over to her house to take her an Aloe plant I promised her, and told her about my friend's hairdresser was working again - going to people's houses, not in a shop, and asked her when she would be back at work.
Anyway, Sarah (My friend) said the other girl would be fined £2,500 if she was caught!

I actually put some lo-lights in mine this morning. It's not too bad either, I am fairly pleased.
I can cut my fringe too, but it could really do with a proper soon, but I'm getting by alright.
I suppose a lot depends on the style you have too.
Gosh Mups, I didn't realise mobile hairdressers would be fined that much if they were caught working.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Gosh Mups, I didn't realise mobile hairdressers would be fined that much if they were caught working.

No, neither did I till my friend said that Mags.
She knows her stuff too, so I don't doubt what she said.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 09:11 AM

I have an appointment at my hairdresser's for July 14th. She rang me last week to book it with the proviso that it could be moved back depending on the situation. At least I am in the queue whatever happens!

I've never had long hair in my life but I am beginning to like it that bit longer at the moment. Luckily I don't have it coloured so no roots to worry about.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 09:19 AM

Same here Margaret...mine is booked for July 9th. I've never had long hair either I'm considering letting it grow...As for colour mine is just about white right now all the colour is gone...I hate that I'm grey...I'll take a pic later
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 09:19 AM

I understand from a neighbour many hairdressers are taking bookings to be on entered on a list not for a specific time but to be in a queue and contacted the moment hairdressers go back.
So it is worth telephoning your hairdresser to see if there is a message left on the answerphone.

One neighbour says my hair looks better since I have been cutting it myself and will I cut hers I declined ....

One thing for hairdressers to consider is if they operate outside the government ruling they will not be insured if anything goes wrong .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 10:10 AM

4th July.

I cut my own fringe and made a mess of it. I don't mind it not being cut as I can pop it in a ponytail but once they open I'll get it cut. I don't like my hair long it drags my face down and makes me look older than I am. I think a good cut takes years off women over a certain age.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top