Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:08 AM

Kate Garraway

GMB presenter has been given devastating news about her husband.

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...atest-news-itv

Has been positive for his recovery, and holding it together for their two children.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:52 AM

Re: Kate Garraway

That is such a sad story. I read her interview in the DM recently.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 09:34 PM

Almost a year that her husband has been in Hospital.

Kate Garraway says she feels like she is on a “precipice” each time her husband Derek Draper temporarily regains consciousness.

She said: “Derek is an extreme case. What he had is what is called a prolonged disorder of consciousness which means that there is some reaction.

ITV documentary, Kate Garraway: Finding Derek, airs on March 23 at 9pm.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 09:49 PM

Very sad. I think everyone thought he would have recovered by now seeing that he has been hanging on for so long.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 09:54 PM

It is devastating. Poor Kate. There was an LBC call in tonight about long covid and there are so many people who have simply not recovered and whose lives are very much affected by the illness months later.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 10:06 PM

I can't imagine dealing with a health crisis like this one, keeping a chin up in managing a family, and working full-time.

How different people's immune systems react or don't react to this virus needs a great deal of study. I understand how the cytokine storms cause people to die, but how some have no symptoms at all, while others have these profound tissue involvement is beyond me.

I wish her and her husband well.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I can't imagine dealing with a health crisis like this one, keeping a chin up in managing a family, and working full-time.

How different people's immune systems react or don't react to this virus needs a great deal of study. I understand how the cytokine storms cause people to die, but how some have no symptoms at all, while others have these profound tissue involvement is beyond me.

I wish her and her husband well.
All I can say is that I agree. I have no idea either. The woman deserves all the love and support she can get.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 10:23 PM

Kate has been a very brave lady all through her husband's illness, she doesn't give up, there is always hope.

I hope a miracle happens for her.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 11:22 PM

I feel so much for Kate , what an awful thing to happen to Derek and the family . Unimaginable . She is looking thinner bless her heart and keeping it together for their kids. Strong girl .

He was such a strong healthy looking chap and no one could have imagined this awful virus could be so cruel . I feel deeply for her yet I dont know her. I wish them both well and hope Derek can come back to them again .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:12 AM

I too really feel for Kate, civid has not only affected her husband but the whole family and fir such a long tome too and ongoing. I do hope by some miracle that he can get better.

I watched a programme last night about llong covid, wow some peoples bodies are ravaged by this virus, they are still so ill after such a long time, i felt so sorry for them. Anyone see it?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top