Join for free
Page 49 of 51 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 05:19 AM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by jbr ->
sorry for winding you up, muddy.

I think you're a nice lady and i hope we don't fall out.

on the other hand, a discussion's a discussion!

It’s ok JBR your lawn is safe from me
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

It’s ok JBR your lawn is safe from me
Although you support them, I'm sure you don't demean yourself by doing the stupid destructive things that they do.

Yes, I believe there's hope for you yet.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 11:50 PM

We are in the middle of the 6th extinction event. This one we humans are causing.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 12:39 AM

In the 1970s people were talking about Zero Population Growth. I listened and didn't have any kids. Since we are not paying enough attention to climate change, we are destroying everything life needs to survive, all of life. When it's too warm all we lose our ability to grow crops. Water dries up. Everything burns up. It's happening all over the world now. Some of our viruses getting out of control are a direct result of what we have done to the planet. We've known what to do for some time. But a lot of people just give it lip service or deny it entirely. When there is no atmosphere left, nature will not be able to repair itself. I'm so glad I didn't bring kids into this. It's getting worse. The fire storm came too close to where I live on the west coast of the U. S. last year. It's coming to you too, wherever you are, sooner or later. To deny it changes nothing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 03:07 AM

Sage I agree I worry about this all the time worry for my children and grandchildren .The world we have left them.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Nature has a way of dealing with species which are too successful.
Maybe Covid was natures way of reducing the population....we avoided that bullet....we have to wait for the next one now
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Maybe Covid was natures way of reducing the population....we avoided that bullet....we have to wait for the next one now
It's not over till the fat lady sings Summer....

Perhaps the vaccinations will render people unable to have kids.....Just a thought....
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

07-05-2021, 01:30 PM

I have never come across any 'law' of nature that says "animals should not/cannot not become extinct" - if there were a few dinasours hanging around in my back garden I'd sorta wish they were extinct before the made me so?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 02:33 PM

How does Nature get its head around Homosexuality?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
How does Nature get its head around Homosexuality?
Homosexual behavior in animals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ior_in_animals

Homosexual behavior in animals is sexual or mating behavior among non-human species that is interpreted as homosexual or bisexual. This may include same-sex sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs. Various forms of this are found in every major geographic region and every major animal group. The sexual behavior of non-human animals takes many different forms, even within the same species, though homosexual behavior is best known from social species.
Example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201...sexual-animals

During the winter mating season, competition is fierce for access to female Japanese macaques. But it's not for the reason you might think. Males don't just have to compete with other males for access to females: they have to compete with females too.

That's because in some populations, homosexual behaviour among females is not only common, it's the norm. One female will mount another, then stimulate her genitals by rubbing them against the other female. Some hold onto each other with their limbs using a "double foot clasp mount", while others sit on top of their mates in a sort of jockey-style position, says Paul Vasey of the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada, who has been studying these macaques for over 20 years.

To our eyes these encounters look startlingly intimate. The females stare into each other's eyes while mating, which macaques hardly ever do outside of sexual contexts. The pairings can even last a whole week, mounting hundreds of times. When they're not mating, the females stay close together to sleep and groom, and defend each other from possible rivals.
Startling, indeed ..... ..... but "normal" .....

Page 49 of 51 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top