Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 07:39 PM

Re: Cruising off the Agenda?

The main cause of the COVID spread, apparently.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Why would it be raining? I wouldn't be a hotel in Cleethorpes.

We have been on quite a few 'tours' and plenty of holidays in one place and I have found that the best way to really know a place is to stay put, take time out from all the rushing around and just sit, taking in the surroundings. Seeing too many places in a short space of time all just blends into one.
totally agree LD!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 09:29 PM

Cruise ships were just floating Butlins resorts for old people that just became giant metal petri dishes as well. Crammed in with too many people and force-fed "entertainment" best suited to the last Century. You couldn't have payed me to take a cruise before Covid-19 and nobody with a brain cell would go on one now. Scrap them, because it's just good metal going to waste.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:22 AM

I would imagine that a cruise ship would be the ultimate in protection from Covid, providing everyone tests negative and not allowed to leave the ship after cast off.

What a wonderful way to observe isolation in such a large bubble.... Better that sitting it out at home watching box sets....

I believe there was a captain of a cruise ship who sailed around the world and managed to keep all of his passengers safe from the virus during the worst times. He was hailed a hero when they finally docked in Italy....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Cruise ships were just floating Butlins resorts for old people that just became giant metal petri dishes as well. Crammed in with too many people and force-fed "entertainment" best suited to the last Century. You couldn't have payed me to take a cruise before Covid-19 and nobody with a brain cell would go on one now. Scrap them, because it's just good metal going to waste.
you have been on one then? obviously no, so how on earth can you comment on something you know absolutely nothing about?
go on one first, get first hand expereience,( plenty of women looking for a man by the way on a cruise ship), then comment
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I can think of nothing worse than being encased in a ship with people I have never met or probably would not choose to meet. Yes, cut them up and use the steel for something better.
Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Agreed .....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:47 AM

To be honest i really wouldn't mind trying a cruise . I really fancy the Fjords and a med cruise.

I believe the entertainment on board is really good.

I'm up for trying one funds permitting and of course covid-19 permitting.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I would imagine that a cruise ship would be the ultimate in protection from Covid, providing everyone tests negative and not allowed to leave the ship after cast off.

What a wonderful way to observe isolation in such a large bubble.... Better that sitting it out at home watching box sets....

I believe there was a captain of a cruise ship who sailed around the world and managed to keep all of his passengers safe from the virus during the worst times. He was hailed a hero when they finally docked in Italy....
If I recall it was an adventure sailing boat forkids.

there was a documentary on cruise ships and the spread of the virus and the ship owners. Their reluctance to cancel cruises and greed are blamed for the rapid spread of COVID.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:16 PM

I have been on a cruise and it was better than I expected. It did remind me a bit of Butlins but with a lot less to do. I was with a large party of my kids and their friends celebrating their 30th birthdays which made it better I suspect. Those with children were very pleased with the trip as it was a very cheap holiday where the kids were looked after. Personally I drank and ate a lot.

It was the first and last time I went on a cruise, I haven't felt the need to go on another.

Here is the whole thing in 45 seconds

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
To be honest i really wouldn't mind trying a cruise . I really fancy the Fjords and a med cruise.

I believe the entertainment on board is really good.

I'm up for trying one funds permitting and of course covid-19 permitting.
we did the Fjords recently,the scenery is stunning and well worth going. We went with P&O. Best to go on a smaller ship which can go further into the Fjords

the ship we were on

a trip into the mountains is also a must

definately when possible will go back again and I havn't said that about many places

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top