Join for free
Page 34 of 42 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 08:53 PM

Re: Foxy's Latest Project.

Originally Posted by Minx ->
It doesn’t have to look pretty Sly old grey fox. It just has to work!
I actually think it does look quite neat.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
It doesn’t have to look pretty Sly old grey fox. It just has to work! Seems like it’s working well! When are you going to try test it out for real? Your riches awaits! So excited!
I'm thinking the beach will be a good place to start Minx, and the lockdown restrictions will be lifted for travel on the 29th March. So it's looking good for then..... I might not be too successful until I've practiced for a while, but even a bottle top in the early days will be a result....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just watch it Foxy. I think she's just after a piece of the action!
It's a pity Minx didn't live a bit closer JB because I ordered bits enough to build two, just in case I had an accident....But all went well first time....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-03-2021, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I actually think it does look quite neat.
Thanks Besoeker, I might try and make the search coil a bit more water resistant so it will work on wet grass etc... But it won't stop me going out with it next week...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's a pity Minx didn't live a bit closer JB because I ordered bits enough to build two, just in case I had an accident....But all went well first time....
Get her to come and join you anyway.

Two of you can cover twice the area!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:33 PM

Thanks Besoeker, I might try and make the search coil a bit more water resistant so it will work on wet grass etc... But it won't stop me going out with it next week...
WD40 might work. Water displacement is what it is called but I'm sure you know about that. It shouldn't compromise the search coil insulation. Or a very thin silicone rubber tube......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-03-2021, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
WD40 might work. Water displacement is what it is called but I'm sure you know about that. It shouldn't compromise the search coil insulation. Or a very thin silicone rubber tube......
Thanks Besoeker that sounds like a great idea, especially the silicone......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-03-2021, 10:48 PM

Get her to come and join you anyway.

Two of you can cover twice the area!
That's a thought JB, if I build another it will give Mrs Fox something to do as well.....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 08:12 AM

Just watch it Foxy. I think she's just after a piece of the action!
I adore treasure of any kind
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 08:15 AM

I'm thinking the beach will be a good place to start Minx, and the lockdown restrictions will be lifted for travel on the 29th March. So it's looking good for then..... I might not be too successful until I've practiced for a while, but even a bottle top in the early days will be a result....
Just to be clear. When I said that it does not need to look pretty, I meant the rework you did to counter the thermal runaway
You know that I have a high regard for your workmanship. It’s top shelf!
And, your workshop is so neat and tidy! Extra points!

Page 34 of 42 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top