Join for free
Page 35 of 42 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 08:16 AM

Re: Foxy's Latest Project.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
WD40 might work. Water displacement is what it is called but I'm sure you know about that. It shouldn't compromise the search coil insulation. Or a very thin silicone rubber tube......
That’s a great tip Visitor
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Just to be clear. When I said that it does not need to look pretty, I meant the rework you did to counter the thermal runaway
You know that I have a high regard for your workmanship. It’s top shelf!
And, your workshop is so neat and tidy! Extra points!
Thanks for your nice comment Minx, it's much appreciated....
It's a pity I'm not still on the jobs market, you could have written my CV...
However, I may have misled you a little bit....
I like to see a tidy printed circuit board, not only does it make it easy to work on and troubleshoot any problems, it also satisfies my fastidious nature... Since I had to add a couple of larger resistors I couldn't replace them where I had planned, so they are stuck up in the air a little bit. The upside is, I don't have to remove the circuit board now if they are unsuitable, or need adjusting, but they don't look so good.... But since they are enclosed in the outer casing, they are not visible, so alls well.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:02 PM

I adore treasure of any kind
I shall change my avatar to 'Pirate' and you can come and examine my chest Minx....

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I shall change my avatar to 'Pirate' and you can come and examine my chest Minx....

arrrrrrr Bob lad
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-03-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
arrrrrrr bob lad

Where's me Buccaneers?......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:32 PM

Where's me Buccaneers?......
They're on your buccin' 'ead, of course!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-03-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They're on your buccin' 'ead, of course!
I was waiting for someone with the response JB...
I don't think we are up to Morecambe & Wise standards yet JB...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:52 PM

But I thought pirates already had all the booty
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-03-2021, 11:22 PM

But I thought pirates already had all the booty
Well I don't like to brag Minx, but I'm not short of a Bob or two....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-04-2021, 09:59 PM

Storage becomes a problem when you only live in a two bedroom bungalow, and the obvious place is in the loft. But apart from my workshop being up there, and I need to stop it getting congested, I also have to be careful about placing weight on the ceilings. So I began construction of a heavy shelf, where heavy items can be stored and they will be out of the way.

The inside wall on the gable end will make a perfect place to site the shelf so work following the planning stage, I set to work on the frame which will be totally supported by the wall.
I decided to use my chop saw to cut fifteen lats that will provide the base of my shelf.

First thing to do is to make a stop for the chop saw so I can make all the pieces the same size without having to measure and mark out each one. It worked perfectly and took no time at all to cut all fifteen. Here are photos of the chop saw with the stop attached.....

Page 35 of 42 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top