Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 06:28 PM

Re: Britain Green By 2030

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I was talking to an ex-Toyota salesman this morning about "going electric" and he told me that Toyota, Birmingham has 2 cars in at the moment because the battery packs have failed. (The cars are about 4yrs old.) The cost of replacing the packs are far more than the cars are worth so, the insurance companies have written them off.
Yes. Yet another good reason not to go electric.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 07:30 PM

Hi

I have a very fuel efficient diesel.

I do few miles a year.

I am not going be be buying a new electric car with all the pollution of making the batteries.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Like getting rid of humans by making the planet inhospitable for us?
Volcanoes, Earthquakes, and inclement weather is beyond our ability to control in my opinion. The best we can expect is to adapt Annie. Nature does not care about you and me, or any other living thing on this planet, it just is.....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 08:22 PM

What's in the news today? Brexit & fish. So .. we can have more fish to sell abroad? That is not going to save us.

We have big opportunities far far beyond that. We can lead in green industries, the rest will follow, they have no choice. It's progress, some may fight it but they'll get left behind.

There is no denying it. And we are in the right place to do it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
What's in the news today? Brexit & fish. So .. we can have more fish to sell abroad? That is not going to save us.

We have big opportunities far far beyond that. We can lead in green industries, the rest will follow, they have no choice. It's progress, some may fight it but they'll get left behind.

Today Europe, tomorrow the world.....
We've already tried that d00d.
It's just fashion. When most of the UK population is unemployed and poverty rules, there will be big changes afoot. And it won't have anything to do with saving the planet.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 09:10 PM

No. More importantly, we shall have the opportunity to allow the heavily depleted fish in our seas to re-establish themselves.
From what I have read, places like the Mediterranean have been so heavily over-fished that they are trying to do the same in our waters now. That must stop or we'll find that we can't provide enough fish even for our own needs.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Today Europe, tomorrow the world.....
We've already tried that d00d.
It's just fashion. When most of the UK population is unemployed and poverty rules, there will be big changes afoot. And it won't have anything to do with saving the planet.
Originally Posted by JBR ->
No. More importantly, we shall have the opportunity to allow the heavily depleted fish in our seas to re-establish themselves.
From what I have read, places like the Mediterranean have been so heavily over-fished that they are trying to do the same in our waters now. That must stop or we'll find that we can't provide enough fish even for our own needs.
And I thought you brexiters were more ambitious. 😐
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-12-2020, 11:28 AM

You Brexiters?.......

Talk about fishing...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-12-2020, 01:01 PM

No. We're quite easy going, actually.

We have no plans to apportion various parts of Europe after we have won, as happened to Germany in 1945.

We shall have opened the doors to freedom for other EU 'member states' like Italy, Poland, Hungary, etc., and I'm sure they will be very grateful for our obtaining their freedom just like we did 70 years ago.

Also, I foresee Germany breaking away soon afterwards in order that they may still sell us their excellent cars!
You heard it first here.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 03:53 PM

Brexit is going to save the planet??

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top