Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 09:58 PM

Re: Nightmare at the Lion Queens Castle

Just spotted your post Lion Queen, so sorry to hear the trauma you've been going through. It's a good job it came to light while you were home due to lockdown. It could have been disastrous if the screw had come out while you were on holiday.

Hats off to the plumber though, knowing where to look and getting it repaired so quick....Here's some hugs to tide you over (pardon the pun..).......
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm glad things are not quite as bad as you first thought they might be LQ.

Worse things happen at sea.
Ta lad, By the way J, am not darn s'arf, am up norf
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Ta lad, By the way J, am not darn s'arf, am up norf
Excellent. You have just gone up even further in my admiration.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 02:13 PM

How’s it going? LQ. Is the area any drier and are you using a de-humidifier? It’s a shame you live so far away, as you could have borrowed mine.
l really do sympathise with you but l am pleased that the plumber found the source of the leak so speedily.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 04:46 PM

I've just found this thread and was flabbergasted to read about your leak trials and tribulations LionQueen.

V used to be an underwriter for a well-known insurance company and she says you should be able to claim new for old on the laminate and any other damaged goods, the cost of tracking and tracing the leak (I know it was only minimal 'cos it was found quickly), maybe even the cost of hiring a dehumidifier but not the repair itself.

In any case, I wouldn't go for the cheapo click-and-fit laminate like SCS, etc sells because that stuff's rubbish. Better to pay more and have some laminate that will last you a lifetime.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've just found this thread and was flabbergasted to read about your leak trials and tribulations LionQueen.

V used to be an underwriter for a well-known insurance company and she says you should be able to claim new for old on the laminate and any other damaged goods, the cost of tracking and tracing the leak (I know it was only minimal 'cos it was found quickly), maybe even the cost of hiring a dehumidifier but not the repair itself.

In any case, I wouldn't go for the cheapo click-and-fit laminate like SCS, etc sells because that stuff's rubbish. Better to pay more and have some laminate that will last you a lifetime.
Excellent advice, although actually we bought our laminate flooring for our conservatory from Buy & Queue!
Nevertheless, it is hard-wearing and still in excellent condition. Mind you, I put it down myself!
dawnr
New Member!
United States
dawnr is female 

09-01-2021, 02:49 PM

It is your Christmas Gift! A response to your spoken intention of
wanting to replace your floor!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by dawnr ->
It is your Christmas Gift! A response to your spoken intention of
wanting to replace your floor!
Well new year gift, assessor came on Thursday evening and agreed we need a new floor, now it has to dry out , goodness knows how long that will take.

Not looking forward yo the upheaval but it will be worth it . Thank goodness we have insurance.

The panic was a nightmare
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-01-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Well new year gift, assessor came on Thursday evening and agreed we need a new floor, now it has to dry out , goodness knows how long that will take.

Not looking forward yo the upheaval but it will be worth it . Thank goodness we have insurance.

The panic was a nightmare
When that happened to us, our insurers provided industrial dehumidifiers and refunded us an estimated amount for our additional electricity usage.
Of course, in our case it was also the walls and ceilings which were drenched.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top