Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 06:49 PM

Cricut

Has anyone got one of these?

It’s a digital cutter I believe, diy projects..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 06:50 PM

Re: Cricut

Never heard of it!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Never heard of it!
Neither had I, Mags, until I looked on YouTube, you should see the pretty diy projects they make with it, must save them a fortune , some of this home decor is expensive, I’m not creative in that area, so they give me some ideas.

I wonder if ST has one?...she’s very creative also.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 06:56 PM

It sounds the type of equipment Silver Tabby may find useful.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 08:30 PM

Good isn't it. Like a mini die cutter.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 09:28 PM

Any pictures, or links please?

Are you going to get one then, Pauline?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Neither had I, Mags, until I looked on YouTube, you should see the pretty diy projects they make with it, must save them a fortune , some of this home decor is expensive, I’m not creative in that area, so they give me some ideas.

I wonder if ST has one?...she’s very creative also.
I had a look at them when they first came out some years ago - and decided not to buy one for several reasons.

1 They take up a large amount of space. You need at least 12 inches of free space front and back for the paper/card to travel back and forward as it cuts.

2 Your expenditure does not end with the machine - you have to buy cartridges with the cutting patterns on - and there maybe only one or two that you like on each cartridge.
I believe the latest model can be connected to a computer so you can buy download patterns.

3 The accessories - cutting mats, replacement blades, and the cartridges are rather expensive.

4 It takes too long fiddling about with card weights, pattern sizes, depth of cut etc., I find it much quicker to use steel dies in my EBosser or Gemini machines - plus - they can cut several dies at one time.

If I were a lot younger and thinking of designing cards as a business it might be worth the expense - but - just for making cards as a hobby, as I do, it is not worth it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Any pictures, or links please?

Are you going to get one then, Pauline?

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 09:49 PM

I know someone who is into crafts but I've never heard her speak of that name,
this link show some items with that name:

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/brand/cricut

ETA – Looks as if you beat me to it LD, a video no less!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-01-2021, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I know someone who is into crafts but I've never heard her speak of that name,
this link show some items with that name:

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/brand/cricut

ETA – Looks as if you beat me to it LD, a video no less!

Remember how much a die cut used to cost Baz? all those blades stuck to a sheet of plywood eh. Now it can be done in seconds, very clever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top