Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 03:26 PM

Re: This is Africa

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Surely you went to Addo elephant park basser??
It's much bigger now and has some lions as well,living off the land
and not fed like the ones we see here!
I also lived in PE for a while !

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Yes Dman went to Ado a few times (see post 19) and stroked
the Cheetas nearly had my finger bitten off by a King Condor
, we used to feed the monkeys down on Marine Drive, and had a few beers in the Humewood pub and watch the cockroaches on the top shelves, never seen a roach until i went to PE and they were big buggers as well anything up to 3 to 4 ins long ..URGH
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Yes Dman went to Ado a few times (see post 19) and stroked
the Cheetas nearly had my finger bitten off by a King Condor
, we used to feed the monkeys down on Marine Drive, and had a few beers in the Humewood pub and watch the cockroaches on the top shelves, never seen a roach until i went to PE and they were big buggers as well anything up to 3 to 4 ins long ..URGH
You should have seen the ones in Uitenhage, bloody hell !!
Apparently they are beneficial? ? Eat all the shyte up or summat !!
You must have swum at kings beach then?
We mostly used beach view at week ends .

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Yes! It’s great advertising. It’s really well built and weighs a ton.
Is it true that there’s lots of insects in Summer in Alaska? Would love to see Alaska as well!
Apologies for the late response. Yes, the mosquitos are more numerous in Alaska than anywhere else I have ever traveled. It is only the females that bite, but even the males buzz about your head incessantly. There were places they were a nuisance, and other places, I hardly noticed them.

The solutions are DEET, mosquito netting in the camper, campfires and these little tennis racquet shaped bug zappers that helped too.

All that said, I'd let those bugs bite me to the point of being one giant just to experience the indescribably vast beauty of the place. It's unmatched. If you can go; do, and definitely rent an RV and camp! You'll never be able to see the remote areas any other way.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You should have seen the ones in Uitenhage, bloody hell !!
Apparently they are beneficial? ? Eat all the shyte up or summat !!
You must have swum at kings beach then?
We mostly used beach view at week ends .

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
My word, I’ve not seen a roach in ages - I must be hanging out in all the wrong places!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 11:22 PM

That's nearly as bad as my lane but without the mud
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Apologies for the late response. Yes, the mosquitos are more numerous in Alaska than anywhere else I have ever traveled. It is only the females that bite, but even the males buzz about your head incessantly. There were places they were a nuisance, and other places, I hardly noticed them.

The solutions are DEET, mosquito netting in the camper, campfires and these little tennis racquet shaped bug zappers that helped too.

All that said, I'd let those bugs bite me to the point of being one giant just to experience the indescribably vast beauty of the place. It's unmatched. If you can go; do, and definitely rent an RV and camp! You'll never be able to see the remote areas any other way.
It’s definitely on my very long bucket list!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-02-2021, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's nearly as bad as my lane but without the mud
Poor you Meg! That must be awful and messy!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top