Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:29 PM

Desperately seeking clarity

So, a few years ago, I joined my church group on a mission into North Africa. The countries up there are very conservative so I could only wear skirts or dresses as a Representative of the church.

Anyway, I was the only other lady in the group and being single, I got my own roof-top tent. (Who says being single doesn’t have its silver lining) so, being on my own, I took the time each day to put on very light make-up, appropriate jewellery and dress well even in the middle of deepest darkest Africa.

Now the other lady in the group wasn’t as particular about her appearance as I am. And that’s totally her choice and I was not impacting her in any way or so I thought.

Until one evening whilst we all sat around the fire she asked all the men (10 in total) what do you think of women wearing make-up?
An awkward silence descended upon the group...

So, OFF men here, what do think of women wearing make-up?
And not in your face or heavy make-up but the natural look.

To the OFF ladies reading this thread, has any women ever made you feel so small - if so, share your experiences?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:50 AM

Re: Desperately seeking clarity

Every woman I have ever been in a relationship with has worn makeup. So have all the women in my family. I have some Earthy forest loving/ living friends that live in the Gold Coast hinterland that we have visited from time to time. Some may call them "hippies". They are totally self supporting and that includes solar electricity and tank water. So that's not the label I would give them. The women among them never use makeup and none of them wear synthetic fibres. They are all beautiful in their own natural sun kissed healthy way and would look silly in makeup. But speaking as a man..I think that it's women's business. As long as they feel good..
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Every woman I have ever been in a relationship with has worn makeup. So have all the women in my family. I have some Earthy forest loving/ living friends that live in the Gold Coast hinterland that we have visited from time to time. Some may call them "hippies". They are totally self supporting and that includes solar electricity and tank water. So that's not the label I would give them. The women among them never use makeup and none of them wear synthetic fibres. They are all beautiful in their own natural sun kissed healthy way and would look silly in makeup. But speaking as a man..I think that it's women's business. As long as they feel good..
Thanks for sharing Keezoy. Funny you should say that since that’s exactly what the Elder who was in charge of our group said. If it makes a woman happy then what’s the harm
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 04:51 PM

It doesn't bother me one way or the other. My ex used to trowel the slap on. V, on the other hand, has always been a "less is more" kind of gal.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 05:10 PM

If I was a man I think I'd find too much make up a real turn off, but nothing wrong with lipstick and mascara - depending on your age, and the lightest touch. Also I see lots of women with colours that don't suit them at all. Biggest mistake seems to be that weird stripe of colour supposedly emphasising cheek bones but end up looking like they've been smacked round the face.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-01-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
It doesn't bother me one way or the other. My ex used to trowel the slap on. V, on the other hand, has always been a "less is more" kind of gal.
Your wife is in the right track - less is more
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-01-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
If I was a man I think I'd find too much make up a real turn off, but nothing wrong with lipstick and mascara - depending on your age, and the lightest touch. Also I see lots of women with colours that don't suit them at all. Biggest mistake seems to be that weird stripe of colour supposedly emphasising cheek bones but end up looking like they've been smacked round the face.
So true and those fake eyelashes and batwing eyeliner
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 02:07 AM

Perhaps the question you should ask is "fellas what do you think of your missus without makeup?"
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:18 AM

Any woman who comments about another woman wearing make up is just plain jealous. What a horrible thing to do to another woman.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
So true and those fake eyelashes and batwing eyeliner
Haha. Yeah true, but I still wouldn’t say anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top