Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 06:52 PM

Re: Fuse Box puzzle....

What's this about Eon talking about a smart meter, Pasta?
You know you don't have to have one if you don't want one.

Re. your picture, the circuit breaker unit isn't on its side, it's the photo that's on its side!
(Yes, I know you know.)
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That used to be the case with the older type of fridge freezers but with the modern electronic start variety, less so. Prior to the 17th Edition regulations, a F/Freezer could be put on its own circuit via an MCB and not connected to an RCD (Earth leakage circuit breaker) and had to be labelled as such to prevent the socket being used for equipment outdoors - lawn mowers, strimmers and the like. These days, everything is protected by a RCD.
It was an older type of fridge / freezer, the electrician who fitted the new consumer unit was IEE registered so probably knew his trade. The old consumer unit was noticed by a surveyor who recommended it was replaced by a new one as one of my 'as and when improvements'. This was mentioned to the vendor of the house, which I was in the process of buying, he agreed to pay for that and testing the electrical circuits. I doubt if the socket where the fridge / freezer is plugged in could be used easily, it's behind a very large fridge / freezer which, when just half full can hardly be moved it's so heavy. No idea if that socket has a sticker or not, with only me living here at least I know it's not to be used, other than for the freezer.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Don't fall for that Malarkey, if your fuse-box complied with the Regulations in force at the time when it was installed, there's no requirement for it to comply with the latest Regulations. If that were the case, homes would be getting rewired every time there was Regulation change (3 changes since 2018 )
I'm not falling for it Judd, no not never not

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I know a good electrician (lives near me in Chorlton) in case you ever want the consumer unit changing Pesta.

Thanks Dexy, I'm not changing the consumer unit, but I'll bear that in mind should I ever need an electrician..... it's good to have a recommendation and I reckon I can trust your judgement.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What's this about Eon talking about a smart meter, Pasta?
You know you don't have to have one if you don't want one.

Re. your picture, the circuit breaker unit isn't on its side, it's the photo that's on its side!
(Yes, I know you know.)

Yes JB, I know I don't have to have a smart meter, and I keep telling them I don't want one.

Re the picture on it's side.... perhaps it 'tripped' over
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm not falling for it Judd, no not never not
No nay never,
no nay never no more.

Thanks Dexy, I'm not changing the consumer unit, but I'll bear that in mind should I ever need an electrician..... it's good to have a recommendation and I reckon I can trust your judgement.
I'm sure you can certainly trust Judd's judgement.
In fact, you could ask him to put a new one in for you...
for free!

Yes JB, I know I don't have to have a smart meter, and I keep telling them I don't want one.
Re the picture on it's side.... perhaps it 'tripped' over
Well, it could have been a bricklayer with a novel style of setting the bricks.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top