Join for free
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 09:20 PM

Bruce's QR Code

If you haven't had a chance, take a look at Bruce's QR code on the avatar adjacent to his name in his posts

Open your camera on your smart phone as if you are about to take a picture (don't snap the photo) and hold it still over the code. Once your camera reads it, you will get a prompt asking permission to go to the website link. Agree to the prompt.

What you will find there is pretty great !
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 09:26 PM

Re: Bruce's QR Code

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
If you haven't had a chance, take a look at Bruce's QR code on the avatar adjacent to his name in his posts

Open your camera on your smart phone as if you are about to take a picture (don't snap the photo) and hold it still over the code. Once your camera reads it, you will get a prompt asking permission to go to the website link. Agree to the prompt.

What you will find there is pretty great !
I always wondered what that’s all about. Perhaps I’ll go treasure hunting!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 09:28 PM

Couldn't get it to work.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 10:10 PM

You might consider access via a QR reader app on your phone. If you get one, consider one that also reads bar codes.

There was a thread on it recently, but more restaurants are using QR codes to access their menus, so you don't have to handle the real thing.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

03-02-2021, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I always wondered what that’s all about. Perhaps I’ll go treasure hunting!
A treasure it is!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You might consider access via a QR reader app on your phone. If you get one, consider one that also reads bar codes.

There was a thread on it recently, but more restaurants are using QR codes to access their menus, so you don't have to handle the real thing.
I shall try the QR reader on my Sainsburys smart scan app. I forgot about that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top