Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 09:09 PM

Re: What’s in your back garden?

By the way - did anyone open the link in the OP for context?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
A turd, after dog sitting for my neighbour.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:54 PM

Yes I did, have never found treasure in my garden.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
What's that on the ground Art, fallen apples?
Yes, There are always loads of them, Barry.
The ones the Muntjac is eating are Bromley cooking apples. You’d think they would be too sour to eat but the wild animals and birds love them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 08:31 AM

Hi

Three cats who stalk my bird feeding stations and my bird boxes.

They also poo in my ra5sed beds.

SPIKES On the fences are next.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes I did, have never found treasure in my garden.
Same here Tiffany
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 12:27 PM

Same here Tiffany
Just a load of breeze blocks & thick plastic that the builders buried under the top soil they added, when OH rotovated the garden. Under that plastic was the original field grass.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 05:39 PM

Do you think there’s hidden treasure there?
Under the paving?
If there is, it is going to stay there as I'm not about to have around 4+ grands worth of sandstone dug up just to be curious Our builder did some surface scraping to get the levels spot on and found a Belfast sink close to the surface and some old broken china when digging the soakaway* for the drainage.

* around my area, fully paving a garden requires a soakaway to be dug first and then proper drain pipes installed to avoid surface runoff and pooling. It was the same with the front driveway before that was fully paved for the car's hardstanding. Not a low cost option, but maintenance is a simple occasional hose down for surface grime removal.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

08-02-2021, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
If there is, it is going to stay there as I'm not about to have around 4+ grands worth of sandstone dug up just to be curious Our builder did some surface scraping to get the levels spot on and found a Belfast sink close to the surface and some old broken china when digging the soakaway* for the drainage.

* around my area, fully paving a garden requires a soakaway to be dug first and then proper drain pipes installed to avoid surface runoff and pooling. It was the same with the front driveway before that was fully paved for the car's hardstanding. Not a low cost option, but maintenance is a simple occasional hose down for surface grime removal.
With funds like that, it sounds promising
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Three cats who stalk my bird feeding stations and my bird boxes.

They also poo in my ra5sed beds.

SPIKES On the fences are next.
Orange peel, Tin foil, Lion dung, all work to keep cats out of gardens. Works better than spikes.....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top