Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:58 PM

Re: Handypersons , information about cleaning guttering please.

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Meg why not ask your neighbour who had theirs done recently who they used and contact details. Also I would talk to your neighbour and say would she like to go halves and get her gutters cleaned at the same time my neighbour and I do that works well although we both have separate/our own downpipes.
Hi Kazz I don't know the people who had theirs done recently, they are even older than me and I wouldn't like to intrude on them particularly during lockdown.

I would not ask my neighbour to 'go halves' she might get her son to do it and that would be a disaster. I have found to my cost getting neighbours involved with anything usually has bad consequences.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Just popped in as i have the answer See PM's. Doing my neighbours in the next couple of day
Thanks Bazza I have replied to your PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree with Barry. No need to remove the gutters to clean the facias. You can normally get a cloth between them, I have had them cleaned in the past and they did the whole lot in one go (off ladders), only took one man a couple of hours.
Hi LD that sound a good way to do things , no need for 2 paid visits .

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Let him clean out the gutter, then threaten to kick the ladder out from under him if he attempts to descend it before cleaning the facia, but be sure to sound as though you mean it. There will probably be an awkward moment after he has cleaned it and you've let him come down the ladder, so prepare yourself for that.
Hi Harbal I could do that but don't fancy a cold prison cell with no dog.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Kazz I don't know the people who had theirs done recently, they are even older than me and I wouldn't like to intrude on them particularly during lockdown.

I would not ask my neighbour to 'go halves' she might get her son to do it and that would be a disaster. I have found to my cost getting neighbours involved with anything usually has bad consequences.
Good luck then Meg, think I am lucky with my neighbours or maybe they are lucky with me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-02-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Good luck then Meg, think I am lucky with my neighbours or maybe they are lucky with me.
Thanks Kazz a chap called Simon came to look at the gutter this morning. I liked him and am waiting for a quote.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 10:20 PM

Thanks Kazz a chap called Simon came to look at the gutter this morning. I liked him and am waiting for a quote.
Not Simon Le Bon?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

10-02-2021, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not Simon Le Bon?
LD it didn't give his surname on the website,
... and he did have a diamond ear stud, so I guess it could be
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 09:47 AM

Interesting to know how much he quotes you,Meg.

Unfortunately,my neighbour neglects the upkeep of the outside of her house, I honestly don’t understand it, because it could cost her more in the long run...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

10-02-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Interesting to know how much he quotes you,Meg.

Unfortunately,my neighbour neglects the upkeep of the outside of her house, I honestly don’t understand it, because it could cost her more in the long run...
Hi Pauline I think there is a standard price depending where you live and the size of your house , you can Google it.
I am expecting £120 - £140 for doing the lot and replacing 2 seals .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:19 AM

Hi Pauline I think there is a standard price depending where you live and the size of your house , you can Google it.
I am expecting £120 - £140 for doing the lot and replacing 2 seals .
That’s interesting, at least you will get it out of the way before the summer arrives, which is fast approaching,...I think it’s great keeping everything in order, good luck with it Meg.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:45 AM

How long are you prepared to let him sit there, and how many cups of tea, before he tells you what the price is?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top