Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 05:11 PM

Re: Yes, Spring is on its way!

Oh these photos are pretty! I haven't seen anything like Spring yet, although there are daffodil shoots coming up round the corner from me, which is hopeful!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Lovely Mags, my Camellias aren't even part way out yet, though there are lots of buds.
Tiff looking at the buds on my camellias, we should have the best year ever ...... although I have been a bit concerned that the buds may drop in this spell of freezing weather.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Tiff looking at the buds on my camellias, we should have the best year ever ...... although I have been a bit concerned that the buds may drop in this spell of freezing weather.
I hope they are OK, if others are still in bud they should be OK.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 08:35 PM

Daffodils are as usual showing themselves. They are clustered around the fence posts and are about 15cms high, with buds just about showing. This happens every year without fail no matter what the weather or how cold it is. It definitely is a good sign that spring is on the way, however, for the exact number of days (39 days to go now) I use this:

https://timer-clock.com/countdown/sp...s-until-spring

Seeing that countdown on a cold, wet or snowy day does lift the spirits and the belief that spring really is on the way!
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 09:20 PM

Mags. Where are you? I'm in southend and I never see my camellia until March. I do have a lot of daffs and crocuses and Helebores.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 11:57 PM

Those colours are lovely Mags. Just Tete-a-tete coming up in my garden at the moment but still in the green.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
Mags. Where are you? I'm in southend and I never see my camellia until March. I do have a lot of daffs and crocuses and Helebores.
Petra, I'm in Bristol...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-02-2021, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Well it’s meant to be summer here but it’s cold and wet. The blooms looks spectacular Mags!
Thank you Minx...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:23 AM

Mags, we have snowdrops in the field, next to me, plus my neighbour has camellia bushes/trees in his garden ,that are coming into bloom, I will take a pic when it stops snowing here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:48 AM

Lovely pictures Mags, gives us something to plan towards and enjoy.

My Snowdrops are all out and have been for a week or more now.

Camellias don't all flower at the same time though. I have a very pretty pink & white one which is for my old 'Pips' doggy I lost in 2016, and it is an early one so had big buds that started splitting a couple of weeks ago. I have thrown a fleece over it else I fear the buds will get frosted and drop off.

I have another two, beautiful bright red ones that probably won't open till as late as April.

I've bought my seed packets ready to start sowing one or two early crops shortly, and have all my spring bedding plugs on order.

I saw a perfect phrase which says . . "To plan a garden is to believe in tomorrow." And that always gives me hope.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top