Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 01:04 AM

bumps & scratches.

I had quite a lot of bangs & bumps in the car in my early driving days.

This was the worst though. We'd only had the car about 6 months - Tony was absolutely furious with me...

Something through the window attracted my attention & the car in front stopped.... BANG!!!

Can anybody say they've never had a bump?

Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

09-02-2021, 01:06 AM

Re: bumps & scratches.

I bumped into a deer once. Well twice actually.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 06:47 AM

No bumps apart from the odd nudge in a car park. I have been in two serious road accidents however. But I don't think that's what you're asking for here.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 08:03 AM

Only once that was my fault, it was icy and I was going too fast, skidded on black ice into another car , I’ve twice been shunted from behind whilst driving company vans when I used to be on the roads,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 08:41 AM

In 92, some uninsured driver, jumped a red light, took my front O/S corner out whilst I was doing a U turn.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 10:18 AM

I've had a few near misses, but never actually had a bump that was my fault. Had three people smack into me while the car was parked somewhere though!

Oh hang on, I did have a tiny scrape once when reversing into a parking space - I was checking my rear view mirror as I reversed towards the brick wall of the shop, but completely forgot there was a little low wall, out of sight, a foot or so in front of the building
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 11:02 AM

Few odd bumps only one crash and the guy driving the other car admitted it was his fault... He came round the bend too fast and on the wrong side of the road.

I remember my first bump.. I was taking out my car for the first time(OH bought me a new mini for passing my test) ..OH thought he was being nice he said 'dont worry if you bump into anything youre fully insured, dont cry, dont get angry, just fill in your form thats in the glove box exchange detail and keep calm'..'As long as youre ok thats all that matters'

As I reversed out of the drive he stood at the window waving and as I turned I clipped my bumper against the mudguard of his van.. I peered over the bonnet and I could see there was no damage so I just went off into town ..
When I got back he ran out into the driveway and before I could get out of the car he was hopping up and down ..'you hit my van ...look' he pointed at a non exsistent scratch.. 'you just whacked it and drive off'

I told him to calm down and explained I had taken his advice, I didnt cry or get angry , I knew the other drivers details and I knew we were both insured so there was no problem...I added 'oh and thanks for asking but Im ok'

He was speechless.. ( this is the same bloke who had a whole box of wing mirrors for the landie because he kept hitting the bollards on Hammersmith bridge)
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 01:08 PM

once about five years ago as we were driving up our street a young woman reversed from a parking bay hit the passenger side of my car and pushed it into the opposite pavement. hubby couldn't get out and had to climb over and out the drivers side, my car was a right off, but hers was fine ..
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 02:00 PM

Oh Cass that really made me laugh . Good for you, though, quoting his own advice back to him, haha!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top