Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:32 AM

Homeless People.

Thoughts are very much with them lately, are they getting more help these days I wonder?

I can’t imagine how cold it must be in this weather, sleeping rough.....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 11:29 AM

Re: Homeless People.

I agree with you Pauline - although I haven't seen any of the usual's that sit around in my local area. I'm fairly sure they have a place to go (Like a centre or something) I do know that local food kitchen are stepping up to help, and the Community Help Squad are doing the rounds to dish out blankets/offer accommodation etc.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 11:31 AM

We have a bus here. It's even got a log burner. I think it sleeps about 15 . They are not allowed in if they are drunk or with drugs which is good .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 11:31 AM

We have had the corona rule where every homeless person was found a bed somewhere and now with the very bad weather winter relief starts so basically councils hit the streets and make sure that no one is left out in the cold.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree with you Pauline - although I haven't seen any of the usual's that sit around in my local area. I'm fairly sure they have a place to go (Like a centre or something) I do know that local food kitchen are stepping up to help, and the Community Help Squad are doing the rounds to dish out blankets/offer accommodation etc.
That’s great news, Pixie Knuckles, seeing some people stepping up...and providing shelter in these centres.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

10-02-2021, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
We have a bus here. It's even got a log burner. I think it sleeps about 15 . They are not allowed in if they are drunk or with drugs which is good .

Quite right too,Susan, if they want shelter, they must be prepared to do their bit....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

10-02-2021, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
We have had the corona rule where every homeless person was found a bed somewhere and now with the very bad weather winter relief starts so basically councils hit the streets and make sure that no one is left out in the cold.

That’s good news,Cass,
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:17 PM

Being homeless is nowhere near as numbers indicate. For example being homeless also includes living in temporary accommodation ie not roofless.

In any case in this country being roofless is a lifestyle choice. No-one needs to be. Just comply with the very reasonable rules.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In any case in this country being roofless is a lifestyle choice. No-one needs to be. Just comply with the very reasonable rules.
As simple as that, is it, Todger?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Being homeless is nowhere near as numbers indicate. For example being homeless also includes living in temporary accommodation ie not roofless.

What about the ones who are being abused at home and run away. Not much of a choice. Stay home and be abused or leave and feel safe.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top