Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 09:43 PM

Strange unexplained light

Sometimes, when I have trouble sleeping, I get up, go downstairs and sleep on the sofa, I take my pillow with me and wear a dressing gown. Last night, something very weird happened.

I couldn't sleep again, so decided to do my usual. I went to the loo first so there's no way I was dreaming or anything like that. As I got half way down the stairs, I saw a bright flicker of light in the corner of the hall, just for a couple of seconds, like the light from a torch. Thinking that there must be someone in the house, I froze, listening for any sounds or any clue as to who or what it might be.

After a few minutes, I had worked out that the only direction it could be coming from was the kitchen (which has a glass door) and is normally locked, so I decided to storm the kitchen as quick a possible but there was no one there. All the windows were locked as was the back door. I then did a quick inspection of the rest of the house bit could not see anywhere the light could have come from.

I was wide awake for about two hours afterwards, listening for any unusual sounds but nothing happened. In the end I had to convince myself that I had imagined it so that I could get some sleep but I know I didn't.

I still can't work out what it was. it's difficult to explain the layout of my house but there's just nowhere it could have come from naturally like a car going by or lightning.

Really weird.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 09:46 PM

Re: Strange unexplained light

Smoke alarm light? Secret movement sensor installed by the previous owners?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 09:47 PM

Murtagh - doing a midnight raid on the 'fridge?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Smoke alarm light? Secret movement sensor installed by the previous owners?
There is a smoke alarm, with a light but it's around the corner, no sensors from previous. I even thought Alexa might have stirred but again, the light would not have gone around the corner.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Murtagh - doing a midnight raid on the 'fridge?
that's why I keep the kitchen door locked.

Murtagh was calm which (albeit following me around the house).
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

16-02-2021, 09:51 PM

Aliens opening your fridge?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2021, 09:51 PM

Has anyone else had anything like hat happen to them? I have to say, it is a first for me.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There is a smoke alarm, with a light but it's around the corner, no sensors from previous. I even thought Alexa might have stirred but again, the light would not have gone around the corner.
Is there a mirror nearby? I was thinking of a reflection from something.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tubby ->
Aliens opening your fridge?
Ha! You may jest but you know how our minds can work overtime in the dead of night, well I did consider aliens.

Not the fridge though, there's not much in it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Is there a mirror nearby? I was thinking of a reflection from something.
No mirrors that could reflect onto that wall.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top