Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 12:10 PM

W10 Update Problem "A current driver, on your PC"

Anyone else been seeing this problem?

After recent updates, an error message appears, in the Settings/Updates field, saying that "A cuurent Driver, on your PC, may be better than the driver we are trying to install....!

This first happened to me, on my Toshiba Laptop, last year when update Windows 10 20H2 was released.

Searches, at that time showed that there were many sufferers.

I, finally, got rid of it by re-installing W10, on the Toshiba, using the Microsoft download tool.

That's been good, for several months, until MS have re-issued the update which caused it (IMO) (Windows 10 20H2 recent re-update). This re-issue seems to have put the failure back on!

If anyone else has had it, it will help me to chase MS to get it fixed.

It's, probably, I think, a Toshiba Driver Problem, and Toshiba drivers are not easy to download these days!

MS has, historically, got around that be using their own copies of this driver - but they might now have reached the limit on the level they have.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 12:24 PM

Re: W10 Update Problem "A current driver, on your PC"

Not on my Acer Desktop or my Acer Laptop
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
OK. Thanks for that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

After recent updates, an error message appears, in the Settings/Updates field, saying that "A cuurent Driver, on your PC, may be better than the driver we are trying to install....!

This first happened to me, on my Toshiba Laptop, last year when update Windows 10 20H2 was released.

I, finally, got rid of it by re-installing W10, on the Toshiba, using the Microsoft download tool.

That's been good, for several months, until MS have re-issued the update which caused it (IMO) (Windows 10 20H2 recent re-update). This re-issue seems to have put the failure back on!

It's, probably, I think, a Toshiba Driver Problem, and Toshiba drivers are not easy to download these days!

MS has, historically, got around that be using their own copies of this driver - but they might now have reached the limit on the level they have.
An excellent reason for my continued rejection of Windows Updates. Perhaps this is related to my recent problem on my Toshiba laptop (posted elsewhere on here).

My philosophy: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 01:12 PM

Just checked the Dell Desktop - I found some "Intel Extensions" but no "current driver" messages.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Nor ours.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 06:01 PM

Is your computer fitted with AMD Radeon by any chance?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

17-02-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Is your computer fitted with AMD Radeon by any chance?
The Toshiba Laptop is, LD

Why?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 06:32 PM

The Toshiba Laptop is, LD

Why?
I had the same problem with the Radeon software after a W10 update followed by an AMD update immediately afterwards and all was cured when Windows asked if they could do a removal job followed by another download. Since then the Lenovo AMD laptop has been working well, where prior to the 'adjustments' I kept seeing messages about <radion.exe> sections missing or could not be found. The 'tinkering' by Windows cured the problems and since then I've even updated to latest version of W10. I did reply in another thread about this problem, but of course I am unable to remember now which technology thread.
EDITED to add:-
I've located the thread I replied to https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...t=72580&page=2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top