Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:40 PM

What a week ...

So, driving along in my car, I hit a pot hole and puncture one of the run flats. Its a brand new tyre that I got when I replace all 4 about 2 months ago, but I still need it replaced because the run flats can't be repaired.

When I take the car to get the new tyre, turns out the wheel has broken so I need a new wheel.

So I drive home and order a new wheel that comes with a (crappy) run flat tyre for £140 (refurbished but like new)

Go back to the garage to have the wheel fitted and .... its slightly different to the other 3.

So I have the wheel fitted and drive home and order the other 3 wheels that go with them and they arrived today... £360

So call the garage to have the 4 crappy tyres that come with the wheels taken off and the 3 remaining new P Zero's put on, the old 3 wheels taken off and replaced with the new ones and the last remaining wheel having a new P-Zero put on... another £225

Anyone have a 3 wheel car that needs crappy Chinese run flat tyres ?

What a week !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:51 PM

Re: What a week ...

What a terrible week Bread. Keep all the receipts and try to claim it back off the council, you know, the ones that are more concerned about our sexuality rather than doing their jobs. I have claimed in the past and got them to pay up.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...othole-claims/

https://www.gov.uk/claim-for-damage-to-your-vehicle
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
you know, the ones that are more concerned about our sexuality rather than doing their jobs.
Haha! That is SO true!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What a terrible week Bread. Keep all the receipts and try to claim it back off the council, you know, the ones that are more concerned about our sexuality rather than doing their jobs. I have claimed in the past and got them to pay up.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...othole-claims/

https://www.gov.uk/claim-for-damage-to-your-vehicle
Thanks !

I'll send them the receipts for sure
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Thanks !

Take a photo of the offending pothole and its location too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by judd ->
take a photo of the offending pothole and its location too.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Thanks !

Send them photocopies of the receipts, Bread. Then, if they claim not to have received your letter of complaint, you still have the originals. When you photograph the pothole, measure it up as well - councils have been known to exclude quite deep potholes saying they aren't deep enough. Others, sneaky barstewards, on receiving a claim have filled in the potholes, and then said pothole, what pothole?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-02-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Send them photocopies of the receipts, Bread. Then, if they claim not to have received your letter of complaint, you still have the originals. When you photograph the pothole, measure it up as well - councils have been known to exclude quite deep potholes saying they aren't deep enough. Others, sneaky barstewards, on receiving a claim have filled in the potholes, and then said pothole, what pothole?
That's exactly what they tried with me but I had already taken a pic if it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 12:45 PM

That sounds a bugger of a saga Bread, hope you get compensated by the council, but I doubt they will cover anything but the one wheel...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 06:43 PM

Those run flats are a pain Bread and damn expensive to boot!
Sorry for your troubles but can I just ask why didn’t you just replace the burst tyre with the same one you’d bought two months prior instead of a refurbished one even if they are crappy. Surely, that would have worked out cheaper for now.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top