Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:30 PM

Copper Tape.

I'm thinking of putting it round my plant pots to deter slugs.

Does anybody know if it works?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:34 PM

Re: Copper Tape.

I haven't tried it, but looking online at Gardeners World, they say it does, and over time will get that green aged look, which is meant to be quite attractive...matter of opinion, is that, but yes, it seems like it will work. Its better than chemicals anyway.
https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-t...h-copper-tape/
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:34 PM

I think that would only work if the pots are clean & dry, shouldn't think the copper strip would stick otherwise.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 08:33 PM

Hi Carol as Pixie says some members of the GW panel recommend the tape some don't.

My pots all have terracotta 'feet' and gravel filled saucers , you can also construct mini moats of water using different sizes saucers like these ...

https://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/hom...RoC3ggQAvD_BwE
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 07:06 PM

Well I have a double sometimes treble plan. First is Vaseline which couple of years ago I started mixing a little sand into it. This needs I have discovered to be 3-4 inches wide round the pot I put on the rim as well . Also as its waterproof I just top up every 2 weeks i.e. recycling day for the bin, reminds me. Also use copper tape and for my big pots use Megs suggestion. But they are sneaky little suckers (excuse the pun) and I have spotted them climbing up trees, walls, plants etc to drop down skydiving slugs....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top