Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 05:01 PM

Re: The USA suspends UK trade tariffs

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I don't understand what you're trying to say Bread. My point is the whisky distillers will be seeing an increase in orders from across the pond. The Ginger Dwarf, as you call her, will, IMHO, make the most of this as a victory for SCOTLAND and not for Westminster or the UK.
Indeed I suspect that she will.
Here's a thought: older, more mature whisky costs more than the more recent varieties, right?
So does this mean that what is sold now has a higher value because it's of a greater age since it wasn't selling before?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Indeed I suspect that she will.
Here's a thought: older, more mature whisky costs more than the more recent varieties, right?
So does this mean that what is sold now has a higher value because it's of a greater age since it wasn't selling before?
I like your thinking. It's all to do with how long the whisky has been kept in the casks. The longer it's kept in the cask, the more valuable it becomes (and, of course, the angels get more of a share* ). Once bottled, a single malt doesn't get any better (or worse) with age.

* The Angel's share: https://www.bruichladdich.com/bruich...-angels-share/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I don't understand what you're trying to say Bread. My point is the whisky distillers will be seeing an increase in orders from across the pond. The Ginger Dwarf, as you call her, will, IMHO, make the most of this as a victory for SCOTLAND and not for Westminster or the UK.
Yes exactly.

But it was the UK government with the USA who negotiated and achieved this, not the EU or Holyrood.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Another one in the eye for the Ginger Dwarf from the North.
Can we just not......thanks
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Don't tell me common sense is prevailing.
You might be recognizing the idea that perhaps the US and our new Prez might have a clue about getting back the basis of working together once again. For the good of all, and not just about the good of one orange fool who knew nothing about world affairs.

Yep, you might be on to something like common sense. Imagine that
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Another one in the eye for the Ginger Dwarf from the North.
British politics has reached a new low when this is offered as a description of the leader of a political party and First Minister.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
British politics has reached a new low when this is offered as a description of the leader of a political party and First Minister.
Be honest, Bruce.
The recent antics of this woman have led a lot of people to regard her as Scotland's version of Donald Trump.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

She's a compulsive liar and is a complete disaster for Scotland.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Be honest, Bruce.
The recent antics of this woman have led a lot of people to regard her as Scotland's version of Donald Trump.
May I add to that by saying that the above applies equally within Scotland to those thinking so outside the country.

It is often forgotten that even according to polling and elections, approximately half of all Scots do not support or vote for the SNP.
That is despite decades of effective propaganda too.
Even before this latest damaging saga, the dire results of the SNP's governance over years draws widespread criticism within Scotland.

As a Scot (albeit one living temporarily in England) I along with many other countrymen know only too well how the SNP and Sturgeon in particular have promoted division rather than concentrate on improving the lot of Scotland and Scots.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-03-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
May I add to that by saying that the above applies equally within Scotland to those thinking so outside the country.

It is often forgotten that even according to polling and elections, approximately half of all Scots do not support or vote for the SNP.
That is despite decades of effective propaganda too.
Even before this latest damaging saga, the dire results of the SNP's governance over years draws widespread criticism within Scotland.

As a Scot (albeit one living temporarily in England) I along with many other countrymen know only too well how the SNP and Sturgeon in particular have promoted division rather than concentrate on improving the lot of Scotland and Scots.

This ^^^

The education review will be published soon, that will give good summary of the disaster the SNP have made of it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top