Join for free
Page 11 of 46 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 12:20 PM

Re: Sarah Everard

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think much the same as you, Foxy.
Whether it was rage, or passion, or whatever his logic at the time, it still shows he could not control his actions.

As for people saying how much they would love to kick him and beat him and they don't know if they could control that - doesn't that make them scarily similar?
Morning Mups....
There is an element of aggression in us all Mups, but it manifests itself in different ways. In a civilised society where we all have to co-exist we need to have a more passive attitude. I really do think that the media is the catalyst and tend to bring out the worst in us, it's as if they enjoy watching people put against each other and getting angry.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Totally agree, Donkeyman, although that is what people always do - speculate instead of waiting to see what developes.
True, Mups.

But, if we keep discussing, and throwing up all the possible scenarios, of such an event, in our discussions, maybe other readers might realise that there are more risks around than they thought?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Mups....
There is an element of aggression in us all Mups, but it manifests itself in different ways. In a civilised society where we all have to co-exist we need to have a more passive attitude. I really do think that the media is the catalyst and tend to bring out the worst in us, it's as if they enjoy watching people put against each other and getting angry.

Morning Foxy

Yes, I agree with that, too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I agree, mostly, OGF, but I worry that "sick in the head" can become the standard defence for other things,as well, e.g. throwing acid, punching in the head, etc.

Once given a "hospital" sentence, instead of prison, can they come out, quicker, and do it again?

I wouldn't like to be on a jury, these days.
Yes it was probably an unwise description on my part Ted, but not being very knowledgeable on the subject of why people do the things they do, it was the best I could come up with... I certainly wouldn't want him to get less than he deserves on a technicality though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
True, Mups.

But, if we keep discussing, and throwing up all the possible scenarios, of such an event, in our discussions, maybe other readers might realise that there are more risks around than they thought?

Not sure about that, Ted. I would have thought most of us at our age must be aware of dangerous risks?
Having said that, it's maybe our age group that are more likely to be sucked into scams than the techno-savvy younger ones.

As far as violence though, I would have thought it more the youngsters who are more reckless and think they are indestructable, especially when they've had a few bevvies.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 12:31 PM

Morning Mups....
That has always been my belief about media Foxy, & I have mentioned it several times on this forum!
The real problem now is that media doesn't always have control & social media often brings out the worst in people!

Perhaps we need to clone Meg & Mags, to produce thousands of them, then put them in total control of all media
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 12:33 PM

Yes it was probably an unwise description on my part Ted, but not being very knowledgeable on the subject of why people do the things they do, it was the best I could come up with... I certainly wouldn't want him to get less than he deserves on a technicality though.
It worried me when I heard that the suspect had been subject to a head injury, whilst locked up on his own, which prompted the evil thought, to me, that he was setting up his defence!

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-03-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We have always been animals. Even animals have rules of behaviour. Civilisation just enables us to thrive as a species. But we are the most violet species on the planet.
I'm not sure animals do have rules of behaviour Annie, rules of survival perhaps, and respect of other animals that could inflict injury and damage, even though they could beat them in a fracas. An injured animal that is unable to hunt is a dead animal....And.......I don't think we are the most violent species either. When you consider how large the population of the world is, and we tend to rub along without incident mostly. Animals on the other hand can be very territorial and would not tolerate other animals living as close to each other as humans do...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-03-2021, 12:37 PM

I'm not sure animals do have rules of behaviour Annie, rules of survival perhaps, and respect of other animals that could inflict injury and damage, even though they could beat them in a fracas. An injured animal that is unable to hunt is a dead animal....And.......I don't think we are the most violent species either. When you consider how large the population of the world is, and we tend to rub along without incident mostly. Animals on the other hand can be very territorial and would not tolerate other animals living as close to each other as humans do...

Sorry, but not quite true Foxy, it depends on the species. Some animals are loners, just like some people, like bears and some big cats, but others depend on each other for survival, and live in packs, like wolves and dogs.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-03-2021, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That has always been my belief about media Foxy, & I have mentioned it several times on this forum!
The real problem now is that media doesn't always have control & social media often brings out the worst in people!

Perhaps we need to clone Meg & Mags, to produce thousands of them, then put them in total control of all media
Great idea Twink, but you can live without it or ignore social media, but the MSM is your face on the telly or radio whether you want it or not. Even adverts and soaps are responsible for manipulating the public into believing what 'normal' should be...There was none of this back in the fifties, communities looked out for each other, and the only news and politics were local.

Page 11 of 46 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top