Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 02:48 AM

Windows 10 crashes when printing due to Microsoft March updates

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...march-updates/

Yesterday, Microsoft released the Windows 10 KB5000802 and KB5000808 cumulative updates as part of the March 2021 Patch Tuesday.

Since then, there has been a constant stream of complaints that printing is causing Windows 10 to crash with an "APC_INDEX_MISMATCH for win32kfull.sys" Blue Screen of Death crash.

Some of the printer brands known to be affected, include Kyocera, Ricoh, and Dymo.

How to fix the win32kfull.sys crashes when printing

Unfortunately, attempts to fix the issue by upgrading printer drivers have been mainly unsuccessful.

Instead, Windows 10 users have been forced to uninstall the KB5000802 or KB5000808 updates for printing to work correctly again.
I have installed the updates on 2 PCs and, so far, have been unaffected .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 07:39 AM

Re: Windows 10 crashes when printing due to Microsoft March updates

Oooh, I wonder if this is why I can't scan now? I had a forced update just a day or so ago, and now apparently need drivers for my printer. Pfft! I think not.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oooh, I wonder if this is why I can't scan now? I had a forced update just a day or so ago, and now apparently need drivers for my printer. Pfft! I think not.
What make is your printer?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 12:04 PM

HP All in one wireless, Omah. I'm always getting error messages on it, and having to do the "off/on" thing. Its a nuisance but because I have an instant ink account, I have to stick with it for now. (Edit:: HP Envy 4520)
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 12:11 PM

HP All in one wireless, Omah. I'm always getting error messages on it, and having to do the "off/on" thing. Its a nuisance but because I have an instant ink account, I have to stick with it for now. (Edit:: HP Envy 4520)
I've had to change my HP printer from wireless to wired.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-03-2021, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
I've had to change my HP printer from wireless to wired.
I found that cured my HP wireless problems, too .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-03-2021, 12:26 PM

Your printer is, apparently, not one of those affected so, if yo're got getting the Blue Screen Of Death, then the fault may lie with the printer - if it's not connected to the PC by cable then try a cable connection.

If you still have a problem, download and run the HP Troubleshooter:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/help/di...ue=scan-issues

Resolve HP scanning issues using our HP Print and Scan diagnostic tool or automated HP Virtual Agent.

The Winows Update KB5000802 can be uninstalled, if necessary.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 12:32 PM

Looks like some Printer Manufacturers are not keeping their "drivers" up to date.

I posted, on here, problems I had with Canon drivers
It seems that Canon no longer provide all driver updates.
That means that, if W10 keeps evolving, there comes an increasing chance of this sort of mismatch.
Should MS write it's updates to check all levels?
Do all Device makers send out updates?

Some Printer manufacturers get it right.

Those could be the ones who bother to get into the MS early update /insider channels.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

18-03-2021, 02:31 PM

Windows 10 KB5001567 released to fix KB5000802 BSOD, printing issue

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/0...rinting-issue/

Windows 10 has just received a fix for the Blue Screen of Death “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH” and “win32kfull.sys” errors. For version 20H2 / 2004, Windows 10 KB5001567 is currently rolling out via Windows Update and it fixes all the printer issues which were accidentally caused by KB5000802 and other security updates.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 02:50 PM

This sort of thing prompts me to ask the simple question: why does Microsoft keep issuing Windows Updates?

I had supposed that it was to keep Windows operating efficiently and account for improvements made by the producers of associated computer software.

In my experience, I have not had to update any drivers for my printer or other equipment, and similarly have not accepted any Windows Updates for several weeks now. Yet my computer works perfectly, as it has done for a long time.

So if something works properly, why on earth make changes, especially as so many people find that these updates cock up their systems?

Would it not be possible for Microsoft to issue warnings of potential forthcoming problems of Windows performing incorrectly with certain other types of software or equipment, and leave the decision to the owner of the computer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top