Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 12:00 AM

Re: Do we

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Cooks are quite competitive don’t you think?
I know I was.
I dont know Pauline I've never been anywhere to be competitive , but I'm not a competitive person tbh .
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

14-03-2021, 01:06 AM

Never trust a thin chef
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 05:42 AM

I love cooking. I have been cooking since I was 9 years old and I spend a lot of time at it. I have hundreds, if not thousands of recipes that I have collected over the years. I love Asian, Mediterranean, Balkan -including Greek and Middle Eastern food.I also love modern and Indigenous Australian food. Mostly seafood. Not all that interested in European food but I do like hearty Provincial French food. Not Parisienne. Too precious and wanky for my liking.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I love cooking. I have been cooking since I was 9 years old and I spend a lot of time at it. I have hundreds, if not thousands of recipes that I have collected over the years. I love Asian, Mediterranean, Balkan -including Greek and Middle Eastern food.I also love modern and Indigenous Australian food. Mostly seafood. Not all that interested in European food but I do like hearty Provincial French food. Not Parisienne. Too precious and wanky for my liking.
A man after my own heart, Keezoy. I love to try food from other countries/cultures. Am quite good at Russian, Polish and Japanese. Don't really like French. Love sea food.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I dont know Pauline I've never been anywhere to be competitive , but I'm not a competitive person tbh .
Me neither, Susan, like is too short!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:57 AM

I love cooking too.....as somebody else said nobody died ....yet

There is nothing nicer than cooking a lovely meal for someone you care about and sharing it together....better than any expensive present.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

I was very competitive, when younger as a cook,........

Each to their own, if they want to be competitive, what a boring world if we were all the same.

Same as cooking....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I love cooking too.....as somebody else said nobody died ....yet

There is nothing nicer than cooking a lovely meal for someone you care about and sharing it together....better than any expensive present.....

I agree summer, I love cooking more so for others.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 11:54 AM

I love to cook. When we married the only cookbook I owned had a section at the back on world cookery. Recipes categorised by country. I made a vow to cook at least one recipe from that section every week and it certainly gave me a taste for being adventurous with my cooking.

Last night's meal was air fried chicken with pineapple sauce and coconut rice - all cooked from scratch. Not a dish I'd made before and it was delicious, but next time I will make some adjustments to the sauce recipe.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

14-03-2021, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I love to cook. When we married the only cookbook I owned had a section at the back on world cookery. Recipes categorised by country. I made a vow to cook at least one recipe from that section every week and it certainly gave me a taste for being adventurous with my cooking.

Last night's meal was air fried chicken with pineapple sauce and coconut rice - all cooked from scratch. Not a dish I'd made before and it was delicious, but next time I will make some adjustments to the sauce recipe.

Have you got an air fryer,Bathsheba?....coconut rice and that pineapple sauce sounds yummy.....I make my own sweet and sour sauce, then freeze what is left.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top