Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 06:39 PM

Rant alert!

I am cross!

My DVD player died a couple of days ago. Rummaged on Amazon (as you do) found a new one. It arrived today. Read the manual - plugged it in - gave it a DVD. Plays perfectly - BUT - it makes a noise like rusty traction engine while playing - it is so loud I cannot hear the sound track properly. Obviously something must have come loose in transit - it was not well packed. Have left 'feedback' on Amazon - but it could be a while before anyone answers.

Aarrgh - a whole weekend with no DVDs - I might have to resort to housework!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 06:48 PM

Re: Rant alert!

Sorry ST
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 06:56 PM

Request a returns label, that usually elicits a response...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Request a returns label, that usually elicits a response...
I agree, just order another one and send the faulty one back...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 08:24 PM

Oh! I feel your pain, ST...especially when housework is the only option left! Yes, just return it, leave a terrible review, and get another one.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 03:11 PM

Just received this reply about DVD player :-

Hi,

Sorry for the problem with your player.

Please leave the player switched on for 3-4 hours. Frequently we find that changes of temperature (such as moving from warehouse to courier van to customer houses etc) can cause slight condensation in CD & DVD players which often settles on the laser lens causing the player to not be able to read discs or have problems reading discs which then causes breaking up of audio or picture or not playing past a certain point on a disc and will cause the player to spin the disc to maximum speed - making the player much more noisy. Once switched on for 3-4 hours the internals of the player warm up fully, the condensation dissipates and the player then works 100% correctly from then on.

If not left on before being returned when the unit comes back to us and is tested after sitting on our testing benches for a few hours our testers can then sometimes find no fault with the player.

If you are still having problems then of course do please let me know and we will book in a return however in most cases the above resolves the issue.

Thanks very much.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Just received this reply about DVD player :-
This sounds bizarre, to be honest. Have you followed these instructions and found them to resolve it?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

15-03-2021, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
This sounds bizarre, to be honest. Have you followed these instructions and found them to resolve it?
I have switched it on and left it for a couple of hours - haven't checked yet if it has settled down. Will do later.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:29 PM

Actually ST I would believe that message. Take their advice and wait the recommended time, and try again.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-03-2021, 09:57 PM

3 -4 hours made no difference at all - left it on overnight - now working perfectly! I am a happy bunny again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top