Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 02:42 PM

Re: Trade figures since Brexit !!

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
But not spread evenly over the 27 countries as you suggested.
I don’t recall using the word “evenly” but I seem to remember we trade with all but one of the 27.

No matter how you wriggle the fact remains the the UK is the country with the largest economic hit
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I don’t recall using the word “evenly” but I seem to remember we trade with all but one of the 27.

No matter how you wriggle the fact remains the the UK is the country with the largest economic hit
Not if you look at the big picture it isn't.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 03:06 PM

I am not trying to wriggle out of anything Banchory. You said the deficit would be spread over 27 countries. I pointed out that it would mostly effect our 6 or 7 main EU trading partners.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 05:33 PM

Did anyone watch the Andrew Marr show this morning? The head of the ONS was on explaining that these trade figures should NOT be analysed to death because there are "ONLY 2 MONTH'S WORTH OF DATA - ask me back in 4 or 5 months time and we'll see where we are then."

Perhaps, people, you are getting ahead of yourselves here on the basis of 2 months data that are obviously skewed because of pre-Brexit stock-piling and the pandemic. Let's wait, as the good Professor said, until June or July and see what the figures are then.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Did anyone watch the Andrew Marr show this morning? The head of the ONS was on explaining that these trade figures should NOT be analysed to death because there are "ONLY 2 MONTH'S WORTH OF DATA - ask me back in 4 or 5 months time and we'll see where we are then."

Perhaps, people, you are getting ahead of yourselves here on the basis of 2 months data that are obviously skewed because of pre-Brexit stock-piling and the pandemic. Let's wait, as the good Professor said, until June or July and see what the figures are then.
The pandemic might be a factor but that also affected pre Brexit stockpiling and there is no indication from the pre brexit trade figures that the EU importers stockpiled

The head of the ONS certainly didn’t inspire much confidence this morning
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 06:27 PM

Hi

My personal view.

It was not working for us, we needed to leave.

I always knew there would be a price to pay.

The incompetence of our Politicians means that we are paying a higher price than I expected.

I will not be changing my mind about leaving.
Banchory
Kent

14-03-2021, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My personal view.

It was not working for us, we needed to leave.

I always knew there would be a price to pay.

The incompetence of our Politicians means that we are paying a higher price than I expected.

I will not be changing my mind about leaving.
It was always going to be a high price.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 07:03 PM

It was always going to be a high price.
Hi

There was always going to be a price, it had no need to be such a high price.

Leaving was right, the Cumings Strategy was not.

Unfortunately Frost is still following it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 07:13 PM

The pandemic might be a factor but that also affected pre Brexit stockpiling and there is no indication from the pre brexit trade figures that the EU importers stockpiled

If you think the January trade figures are permanent then your making a very big mistake.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:01 PM

That's one way to look at it. The BBC were hoping he would be critical of the Government. They should know better by now. I remember the same tactic was tried a few months back when he was brought on to discuss stats on the pandemic and Marr attempted to lead him down the "be critical of Johnson" road. To his credit he wasn't having any of it.

He's the head of the ONS, National Statistician, for God's sake. Why on earth do the BBC think he would be critical of his employer? BBC will try anything to diss Brexit and the Tories. And they think we won't notice.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top