Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 11:07 PM

River god

To all of those who love an excellent read, I'd like to share with you the love of the historical novel, written by the extremely talented word-smith, Wilbur Smith. The Novel is titled RIVER GOD.

Best historical novelist: "I say, Wilbur Smith"
Stephen King

Welcome to the world of ancient Egypt in New York Times best selling author Wilbur Smith's sensational novel... RIVER GOD.

A grand tale of intrigue, deception, true love and exile.
The Denver Post
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

14-06-2021, 02:14 AM

Re: River god

I read this book some time ago and enjoyed it tremendously.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 07:03 AM

Excellent recommendation, Bakerman, one of those books one cannot put down!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 07:09 AM

It seems not everyone is enchanted - just read a few reviews!

I don’t usually advocate the burning of books, but in this guy’s case I’ll make an exception. He has some of the worst, turgid, cliché ridden prose in the English language. This guy must have a cliché macro programmed into his computer. “Oooh! I need a cliché. What one shall I use? I think I’ll use F7.” I do not know how this guy got published, not even once but multiple times. If you come across a book written by this guy take it to a safe place douse it in gasoline and set fire to it.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Excellent recommendation, Bakerman, one of those books one cannot put down!
Thanks Tabby. While I don't care for all of his novels, most of them are fantastic.
As a follow-up to River God, may I suggest The Seventh Scroll. It is a modern day story of the search for Mamose's Tomb which Tiata describes in River God.

Another favorite of mine is Sunbird.

In my humble opinion, no-one puts words together like Wilbur Smith... a true wordsmith.
bakerman
Mexico

14-06-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
I read this book some time ago and enjoyed it tremendously.
Apparently, tens of millions of other folks agree with you. On the New York Times best seller list for many months.
PS: published in 27 languages.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 08:44 AM

I shall order it Bakerman. Thank you for the recommendation
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 09:59 AM

My husband’s favourite author...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:10 AM

If you like this author you might also like Ken Folletts, ‘Pillars of the Earth’ series. It’s my husbands favourite book.
bakerman
Mexico

14-06-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
If you like this author you might also like Ken Folletts, ‘Pillars of the Earth’ series. It’s my husbands favourite book.
Indeed. Pillars of the Earth is a grand historical novel. One of my all-time favorites.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top