Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:01 PM

Re: Problems pairing phone with car

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
If it's a new car, why not swing by the dealership and tell 'em your problem. I'd think they'd be glad to make the connection and/or give you a head's up on how to do it.

Just a thought.
Yes, I'd like to do that but I feel that due to the Covid problem they would prefer to avoid personal contact. Certainly, when we bought the car it was all, or almost all, done without personal contact.

If things improve with regard to Covid, I might try my luck with them.

I'm afraid I haven't had any further replies from the VW Audi forum, though they have been very helpful, and none at all from the Samsung community forum, who haven't! I also had come interest and advice from the VW T Roc group.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:24 PM

Have you thought of looking on YouTube? I ask because seven years' ago I bought a new VW Golf 1.6 TDI Mk7 and never before having owned a 'computer on wheels' I struggled with the technology. One thing that did completely baffle me was the Cruise Control. The dealer explained it all and despite going back several times in the end I found it on YouTube, in detail and with the video to show how to set and use it.

The problem was that the instruction manual's explanation and illustrations were different from what was on the car, it had been changed after the first few models so was totally different to operate!

How about phoning or e-mailing the dealer? They might just be able to explain it to you that way or tell you where you are going wrong.

I did have a quick look on YouTube and found the VW Golf 8 and instructions on how to use many of the features, including sat. nav. and Infotainment System, ran out of time to look further though. Might be worth having a look yourself though as you know what you are looking for. The VW Golf Mk 8 is vastly different to the VW Golf Mk 7 though, all very nice too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Have you thought of looking on YouTube? I ask because seven years' ago I bought a new VW Golf 1.6 TDI Mk7 and never before having owned a 'computer on wheels' I struggled with the technology. One thing that did completely baffle me was the Cruise Control. The dealer explained it all and despite going back several times in the end I found it on YouTube, in detail and with the video to show how to set and use it.

The problem was that the instruction manual's explanation and illustrations were different from what was on the car, it had been changed after the first few models so was totally different to operate!

How about phoning or e-mailing the dealer? They might just be able to explain it to you that way or tell you where you are going wrong.

I did have a quick look on YouTube and found the VW Golf 8 and instructions on how to use many of the features, including sat. nav. and Infotainment System, ran out of time to look further though. Might be worth having a look yourself though as you know what you are looking for. The VW Golf Mk 8 is vastly different to the VW Golf Mk 7 though, all very nice too.
Thank you. Good idea.
I did (briefly) look on YouTube, but all I found were old entries relating to earlier models.

It's worth another try, though.

If need be, I'll probably end up calling the dealer.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top