Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:47 AM

My dog killed a Rat

A rat in my garden last night, it was huge!

He is a Jack Russell....which are rat catchers.......never killed anything before, although he did try and kill a pigeon once, luckily I managed to step in and free it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:50 AM

Re: My dog killed a Rat

Gosh I came here thinking something terrible had happened to your dog, Pauline! Terriers have a high prey drive and will have a go at anything. He is doing what he is supposed to, well done him. Poor rat - but at least you won't get any more around.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:51 AM

Oh Pauline, don't do that! I thought your dog had been killed!!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Gosh I came here thinking something terrible had happened to your dog, Pauline! Terriers have a high prey drive and will have a go at anything. He is doing what he is supposed to, well done him. Poor rat - but at least you won't get any more around.
Sorry about the heading,I thought about it afterwards ,tried to put it right, but unable to , I will think before I post...as I can see what you mean...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-03-2021, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Oh Pauline, don't do that! I thought your dog had been killed!!!
I’ve made my apologies!! And explained!!....none of us a perfect, I made a mistake....admin can you change the heading please.?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-03-2021, 10:59 AM

I have sent Meg a message ,asking for my mistake to be changed....sorry if it’s upsetting others...I’m not perfect and make silly mistakes like this one!.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’ve made my apologies!! And explained!!....none of us a perfect, I made a mistake....admin can you change the heading please.?
Ah don't worry Pauline! Mine was meant to be just a light hearted comment, not a telling off . I can so easily see how you could type a header like that without thinking how it might come across!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Ah don't worry Pauline! Mine was meant to be just a light hearted comment, not a telling off . I can so easily see how you could type a header like that without thinking how it might come across!
Yeah me too - didn't mean it critically at all. No bother
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:23 AM

Can I borrow your dog pauline, we are absolutely stacked out with pigeons, and all they do all day is to crap and hump....Oh, and make a hell of a noise first thing in the mornings....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:35 AM

Jack Russels are traditionally rat catchers dogs .
They are fearless little beggars and are sent down fox earths by hunts to kill foxes too .They will kill cats too given half the chance .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top