Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 12:09 PM

Re: My dog killed a Rat

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I know, living in a rural village there are thousands of them here plus also pheasants which are far worse when it comes to what they 'deposit' all over the place! There's only one thing worse that I can imagine – flying cows and we haven't got those yet!
I do have rats in my garden ( well did my neighbour has poisoned them I think) I don’t kill them but have a humane trap if I catch any I drive them miles away and release .
I love seeing peasants in my garden !
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I do have rats in my garden (well did my neighbour has poisoned them I think) I don’t kill them but have a humane trap if I catch any I drive them miles away and release.
I love seeing peasants in my garden!
I don't mind the pheasants, although they are 'bred' in this area there are not that many of them compared to pigeons. Not too sure about 'peasants' though, I don't have any of those (which I assume is an innocent but humorous typo).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 12:36 PM

The peasants are revolting !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I do have rats in my garden ( well did my neighbour has poisoned them I think) I don’t kill them but have a humane trap if I catch any I drive them miles away and release .
I love seeing peasants in my garden !
You let the common folk wander about in your garden? Do you drive them miles away and release them in poorer neighbourhoods too?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 02:16 PM

Several days ago I saw a rat crossing our path, recorded on one of our security cameras.

I haven't seen it since. I suppose that cats make quite a good deterrent, so it (and its family?) have probably decided to move on.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I don't mind the pheasants, although they are 'bred' in this area there are not that many of them compared to pigeons. Not too sure about 'peasants' though, I don't have any of those (which I assume is an innocent but humorous typo).
Not necessarily a typo in Muddy's case Baz.....

Runs for cover......
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not necessarily a typo in Muddy's case Baz.....

Runs for cover......
I wouldn't know that for fact OGF and I can't run fast enough these days to take that chance!

*Hops away slowly due to 'dodgy' knee and 'gouty' big toe*
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
OGF....I couldn’t have him kill a pigeon..we have them here, they mess all over my decking..
I thought I'd found the solution to my pigeon problem...
I placed a board on the drive covered in Gorilla Glue, I then put bread on top of the glue.....

A pigeon flew down for the food and adhered itself to the glue...
I can't kill anything, so I used Maddie the cat's traveling box to contain the animal while I drove the 300 miles down to Basingstoke, where I released the pigeon.....

It beat me home and was sitting on the lamppost outside our house when I arrived......So it's going to have to be plan 'B'.....

I'm selling up and moving to Basingstoke......

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top